1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to hardline tubing / fittings - brand advise

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by dynamis_dk, 17 May 2019.

1. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

so I’m thinking of having a crack at hard tubing my MM duality case as the existing rubber tubing is a little worse for wear so figured why not.

I think I’m gonna go 16mm but other than that, I’m not really sure who the best players are and who is a reliable choice for a noob to hard lines. Do the quality of the fittings between brands vary much? I have EK for nearly everything else so I’m minded to go for EK stuff

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I did mine for the first time and went with gut instinct. It’s like soft tubing in a sense; you’ve got to match your OD of the pipe to the fitting.

Brand wise, go with what you know. I got Primochill fittings for an absolute steal, and actually bought both boxes as they were that cheap. I sold them later that covered the box I used... but that’s besides the point. :D

Definitely order twice as much tubing as you think you’ll need. It’s not as easy as they make it look... and you will bugger a few of the bends up beyond fixing.

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I went with the measure roughly, cut, try again, cut a little more approach. :D

Dr. Coin likes this.
  4. SHNS0

SHNS0 Enter Plasma

For fittings in my experience brand doesn't matter A LOT. Aside from few specific cases, most fittings are nothing special in quality - even the most expensive ones.
    I enjoy using Barrow because they are cheap and while not perfect, they are a much better value compared to Bitspower which in my opinion isn't giving a 4x quality improvement for a 4x price difference.
    I've never used EK so I can't say, but I've received mixed feedback about them.

One thing I've heard very often recommend with hard tubing is using the same brand for tubing and fittings, due to them being engineered for eachother in regards to margins of error, tolerances, etc.
    So if you find some tubing you really love, or fittings you particularly like, I'd go with the same brand for the other.

5. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Thanks guys, I'll come back to this later in the year I think as there is a little more cost than I was hoping and I've just pulled the trigger on a 1080Ti so I think my PC will need to live with a flush and fresh flexi tubes till later in the year.

6. TechnoMod87

TechnoMod87 What's a Dremel?

ek is a security… avoid any problems!