1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think the MCU and GoT stuff is making me even more of a grumpy old *******. Neither are particularly appealing. GoT just seems like unnecessarily complex incest these days. There's literally no way it ends happily for anyone with how it's been set up so far.

And I'm mad that I can even have an opinion on that dumpster fire.

BentAnat likes this.
  2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

We have two sweepstakes at work for GoT, Who will become a whitewalker, and a "copulating family members" one as the word incest it email blocked at work.

LennyRhys likes this.
  3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Knuckleball
    Home alone gets violent / 10

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Avengers: Endgame - You can rest now/10

Not all of Endgame works, but the moments when it does work are amazing and those moments are far more frequent than the bits that fall a little flat. It manages to provide a satisfying conclusion to the Thanos plot, but also leave enough threads open for the next stage of the MCU with compelling characters and possibiilities. As a capstone on the MCU up to this point I don't see how anyone could have done a better job.

We finally get to see what Instant Kill Mode does, it's messy.

Last edited: 7 May 2019
  5. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Lucy 6/10 okayish film only watched as some of my mates think its a top film, bit meh in places

Planet Hulk 7/10
    decent adaption, but why did they replace the silver surfer with beta ray bill

Dr Strange (animated) 7/10
    decent movie but the live action just aces it in the battle sequences

Line of Duty S5 8/10 last two eps felt kinda rushed, Hasting interrogation shoulda been an epic but was a bit of a let down tho epa 1-4 were just top. also kinda hints why Arnott was passed over for promotion a few seasons ago

Last edited: 2 Jun 2019
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Hard Candy.

Holy balls it's the hardest film to watch since London To Brighton. I don't know who was sweating more, me or the guy in the movie. I didn't know whether to turn it off or throw up.

However, it was worth sticking it out (even though I had to shut my eyes a few times) for the twist at the end that leaves you thinking.

Awesome movie but don't watch it with kids around.

7. fix-the-spade

Silver Surfer is part of the Fantastic Four line up, so he wasn't available due to the licensing deal with Fox. Won't be a problem whenever they next adapt it.

Yaka likes this.
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Detective Pikachu - 8/10

I mean.. It was a talking Pikachu. It was funnier than I was expecting, the Charizards were kick ass, the Charmanders were cool, and I think it was a solid film. The lady, who has very little interest in Pokemon, also liked it and, I quote, "It was so adorable! The scared/sad Pikachu noises were heartbreaking though".

9. fix-the-spade

That Ditto is basically The Thing when translated into live action. Creepy AF. Also I like that this film is a stealth sequel to The First Movie, with Mewtwo being the same one from the film my sister tortured me with 19 years ago. That's top continuity.

liratheal likes this.
  10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Det. Pkiachu - 7/10

It was pretty good.
    Pikachu singing the pokemon cartoon theme
    had me in stitches.

liratheal likes this.
  11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

John Wick 3: Parabellum - Everyone ****ing dies/10

Best violence I've enjoyed at the cinema in years; even if the final fight scene goes on a little too long for its own good.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Snowpiercer - Tilda Swinton/10

Didn't really give a toss about any other character, just Tilda Swinton channelling Margaret Thatcher.

Shame the plot is pretty much incoherent, Swinton's character carks it with a good 50 minutes left on the clock, there's no reason for the train it's set on to be actually moving bar the fact that Ed Harris liked playing with trains as a kid, and it ends with the complete extinction of humanity as the last two people on Earth either freeze to death or get et by that polar bear...

Oh, and Captain America's all "oh-em-gee the protein bars we've been eating are made of CRICKETS that's SO GROSS I'MMA HURL" before revealing an hour or so later that "babies taste best." Whisky tango foxtrot, over?

13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC it suffers from the same problems a lot of graphic novel adaptations - trying to cram multiple books worth of plot into one film and/or tacking on an ending that the source material doesn't provide.

The GNs it's based on aren't in english either [the english translations didn't come out until after the film was made] so that probably didn't help.

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Happened to rewatch this last night.
    Had similar feelings to the first time, in that I enjoyed it overall, but felt the pacing was weird, with lots of stuff happening, then felt like it then just skipped over stuff to the end sequence.
    Have to watch it without looking at it too critically I think.

15. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

And they're making it into a TV series soon... linky

16. TechnoMod87

TechnoMod87 What's a Dremel?

John Wick 3: Parabellum 9/10 :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::rock::rock::rock:
    Great Violence and awesome product!

17. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Chernobyl ( Hbo Mini series) 10/10
    This is Dark, and Depressing as all hell, and a Chilling watch, but WELL worth it. IT doesnt hold back on the visuals, or the nature of what you are watching unfold...

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  18. Pretizx

Pretizx What's a Dremel?

Red Sparrow - 9/10
    Too Long, but a very watchable film

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

John Wick 3 - Ninjas/10
    Absolutey brilliant, If you've watched the first 2 you know what to expect (loved the inclusion of Mark Decascos as the main assassin, been a bit of a fan of his since watching The Crow TV series).

20. Pretizx

Pretizx What's a Dremel?

Detective Pikachu - 8/10
    Today i see this and is very funny :)