1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Headset or Headphones up to £150~ budget

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 22 May 2019.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

So after waiting sooo long for the HP Reverb to come out, and selling my Samsung Odyssey + weeks in advance, I decided to grab an Oculus Rift S for the meantime.

Now I'm in the market for a decent set of headphones or headset. So these need to be good for Gaming, music, and to give me the 360° surround the original Rift gave me.

Budget up to £150~

I owned a set of HyperX cloud iI before, and they sucked!... Mic was naff, sound was OK.

So anyone that understands where I'm coming from, I want the best Audio quality for around that budget.

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Anyone?

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The Steelseries Arctis headsets are well-regarded in reviews.

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

You want just headphones, or is a mic an essential? Also what are you driving them with? I spend all day with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s on my head and I think they're wonderful, and before that, I ran a pair of Sony MDR-V700s into the ground. The DT770s are the 250ohm version, but they're excellent.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hey, so a mic is not necessary, as I have a mic on the Rift S, as well as a Studio Mic.
    With how the Rift S sits on my head, the Halo is close to my ears, and sticks out about the same as my ears too.
    So for that, I think I need to grab some "on the ear headphones"

To drive them they can be either wireless, or plug into the Rift S 3.5mm jack.

Last edited by a moderator: 24 May 2019
  6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Picked up a set of AKG Y50BT.

7. Pretizx

Pretizx What's a Dremel?

Bluetooth work fine on this model?

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Works really well! - No latency issues. No hissing.
    Nice quality sound, which are as good as the wired versions says whathifi.

You have the option to use wired too. But Bluetooth from my PC or Phone sound really good, even when walking around the house with 4 walls between me and the connected device.

9. Pretizx

Pretizx What's a Dremel?

you're tempting me:blush::grin: