1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards X99-Deluxe/U3.1 random power cut out

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Buzzons, 21 Apr 2019.

1. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Hi all,

I'm having an issue very similar to this thread https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/asus-x99-d-power-cycling-randomly-help.2096381/ - the PC will randomly lose power and then reboot (as if the cable had been pulled out and then put back in) - it'll then boot loop repeatedly until stopped - sometimes before bios screen, sometimes after bios screen, sometimes during Windows boot - it'll then do exactly the same (power straight down, and reboot). Only solution I've found is to unplug it for a while, and then try again.. and this sometimes works.

Any thoughts other than a duff motherboard that I need to RMA?

Thanks in advance,

Buz

2. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

So it looks like Asus won't accept an rma for the board as its too old (it's just over 3 years old... I'm honestly surprised that their don't have longer warranties of their top of the line kit)

Next up is to find a second had x99 motherboard from somewhere as everyone has unsurprisingly stopped selling them!

My worry is that it'll turn out to be the cpu or psu not the mobo and then I'll be left with random spare expensive parts :(

3. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Only suggestions i have is run it bare out of case (you could gently flex it while running to see if it does anything odd). Check for bent cpu pins and reseat CPU. Swap PSU. DO the usual fault finding stuff, but could well be the mobo is duff though.

4. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Tried that - and it seems to have stopped boot looping for the moment. Annoyingly it's hard to know if it's a PSU fault, a motherboard fault, a CPU fault or something else entirely causing it to just power off :(

thanks for the suggestion :)

Another motherboard arrived in the post to test but that has its own issue (new post though!)