1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill this, PLEASE - n00b thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44638, 29 May 2019.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Jun 2020
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

My gut feeling is somewhere between 'thats fairly standard' and 'those are some overly complicated features I'll never use' :p It just seems so cluttered to my eyes these days. Plus all of those HDD cages are just more things for me not to use :p Any idea of pricing?

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

If you have shovel hands, first you should go to the doctor, and second a more open case will be better. That one will have loads of really fiddly bits, I can promise you!

I know is was going to be that kind of crazy pricing! That why I'm focusing on the PC-011 Dynamic, a beautifully engineered case for just over £100!!!

4. Jimmy6

Jimmy6 What's a Dremel?

I've had one for a few years. Stripped everything out until it was just an empty box. Don't use any of the modular stuff, but I wanted a large case that was well soundproofed for my first custom loop.
    If I had my time again I'd probably buy a smaller, less complicated case at it's overkill for me. Build quality is top-notch though.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I have a Silent Base 801 and I love it. But even that has more 'features' than I'll ever need.

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

As the other two have said above, I just view that as added cost I'm not going to use! £270 is a hell of a lot of money. Put it like this, I can get a top of the line PSU and a PC-011 for the same amount.

Edit: Or a different way to look at it is I could get a PC-011 (its the case I'm hooked on currently :p) and 6 Corsair ML fans for just a bit more. So it would be quieter, have more airflow and, IMO, look nicer!

Last edited: 29 May 2019
  7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

They've done their best to hype up these cases but I've always felt a tad underwhelmed reading the reviews.

Vault-Tec and Bloody_Pete like this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Airflow isn't the best, IIRC.

9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Dark Base 700 is the sweet spot for their current case range IMO.

10. Shirty

True.

I wouldn't pick any of the BQ cases for an air-cooled build. I use 240 and 280mm rads in mine and the cooling is excellent (40°C on my 1080Ti and 55°C on the OC 9700K at full load) whilst keeping the noise levels at a minimum.

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

We all like what we like, but the point of forums is opinions :) As someone who has a massive case, seriously its about as big as it can get, I honestly wouldn't recommend one as they're a pain to move, position and weigh a ton! Big isn't always better!

12. Shirty

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

:baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

14. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

I have the first version of this case and it's fantastic, H150i fitted easily in the roof and it's almost silent sat under the desk with my system working hard in handbrake.

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think with cases it's very individual from person to person and from build to build. Find one that fits you're criteria (size/form factor, cooling compatibility, hard drive space, price) and that you like the look of, then have a quick look at reviews to make sure it's not going fall apart or suffocate your rig.

16. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Tempted to order that and then complain that my new PC doesn't switch on: "What do you mean it's just a case??"

17. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Coolest thing about the Murderbox is the 1 thing most people don't use any more... that sweet top-mounted slot loading DVD drive.

Also, it's not $1200 cool...

EDIT:

I'm still waiting for In-Win to actually release this beaut

[​IMG]

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  18. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'd be on that like a tramp on chips too....

19. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

and then etch on it like a high school chair.