1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Hostpitals

People

Hospitals

Technology

Hospitals

Money

Hospitals

fuking Virtualbox...

2. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

Mental Health

Well just over 6 weeks ago I tried to hang myself because of a sexual assaulted 20 years ago when i wad 12 by a family friend and kept it bottled up for the 20 years the belt buckle failed cheap asda belts so under a Mental Health Crisis Team.

Things took a worse turn when I was taken off my antidepressants that was not working been on them for 13 years so they changed them to a different ones that's when the fun started i started having hallucinations of hundreds ants crawling up my arms thought i was loosing it.

Then I started think I was Elvis Presley for 2 days then I thought I was a dead family friend who died almost 5 years ago things got to much when I tought I was my own farther and then i had complete memory loss i didn't know where i was or who i was for a complete day I couldn't take it anymore so I tried to walk onto a motor but my partner caught me so pulled me back and called the Mental Health Crisis Team.

The psychologist come out and diagnosed me with dissociative identity disorder ain't life grate...

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sorry to hear that :(

I had to be taken off Venlaflaxine so I know it's no fun. Felt like my brain was plugged into a 240v socket.

I also know mental health teams can be a bit crap but try and have hope things usually get better.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@penryn 2 hertz

Sorry to hear dude, try and stay strong (i know, easy to say).

But yeah, there's people here you've never met that are rooting for you and hope your support can work with you to find a way that can help you.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

This is not as uncommon as you might think. I have 2 friends who this happened to, both suffer with depression and one has had to be sectioned twice, once involving a team of police having to restrain him. But he's got through that and has been doin ok the last few years. You can get through this too.

I really hope you get the help you need. Keep your partner close, use them for as much support as you need. They love you and will do anything for you.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  7. RedFlames

So an uneneventful few months then?

before i get shouted at... a friend of mine had a similar meltdown, and while we joke about it now at the time it was no fun for anyone involved...

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You ever get those pieces of work that just won't go away and keep on giving you grief?

[​IMG]

This one never seems to be done. It’s like a toddler that won’t stop following me around, crying, complaining, and constantly pulling at my trouser leg…

Hex and MLyons like this.
  9. RedFlames

Oh ffs...

[​IMG]

10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Mrs has blown the food budget I've given her alongside the majority of her wages... she's skint

£500 in total on food for a month.... £500!!! we're a family of three including a small toddler who eats small portions. I wouldn't have even spent half of that... GIVE ME A FINDERS CRISPY PANCAKE ANYDAY!!

I'm actually pretty livid about this, I'm joking around in order not to lose my mind, when deciding duties she insisted on doing food budgeting and cooking. She likes to cook and despite being in control of every other single bill she "didn't trust me to get the right stuff" so I left it to her. At times I've had to reign it in because she's become overly wasteful and some of the things she chucks out is entirely edible. She's very fickle and changes her mind frequently about what she wants for tea but I hadn't ever envisioned it being this bad.... I knew occasionally she could flitter but not like this...

I've now had to give her the last sum of cash I have (which was earmarked for some cheap eBay parts for my dads gift build) so we don't starve to death and have electricity.... Having already parted with a wedge to cover these such expenses....

I honestly feel like going and sitting in a dark corner.

11. RedFlames

Divorce is probably cheaper.

I could live off takeaways and probalbly not £500 a month in food.

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fried chicken every day would only cost me £486.64

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I think the physical cost would be greater than the financial one

perplekks45 and The_Crapman like this.
  14. RedFlames

But Doge would die happy

15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

47258282_10218452807168603_4330181951903236096_n.jpg

maxlxyd, adidan and Bloody_Pete like this.
  16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I easily do £500 a month in food, on my own, but thats mainly down to a crippling addiction to Salted Caramel Nakd bars...

17. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

WTF...? How you get that; w/o using 'unknown source' drivers?

18. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I'm trying not to laugh too loud... too fluffy to not be cute.

19. RedFlames

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the drivers were direct from Intel.

20. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

... hence the "WTF?"... did you DDU & retry (I'm guessing yes)...?
    You got a dGPU to see if anything else fell over...?