1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cables...DisplayPort 3M

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeordieStew, 3 Jun 2019.

1. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Minimodder

Afternoon folks.

Fingers crossed, I'll be moving soon and looking at getting a Jarvis standing/sitting desk thing.

As a result I'll need some longer DisplayPort cables. Hoping to run 4 monitors (3 DP and 1 HDMI), and thinking 3 metres should be best.

I don't game much at all so I'm not too fussed about 60Hz+. The monitors are a mix of 28" 4K and 32" 2K (may swap for some 32" 4K at some point).

Can anyone recommend some cheap/reasonable cables? The move is costing a fortune as it is. I don't want to scrimp, but don't want to waste money either.

Cheers

2. veato

veato I should be working

I've bought a bit of Amazon Basics stuff recently (various HDMI and USB extension cables mainly) and find they're excellent value for money. I'm using them to extend the PC output to the 4K TV in my lounge to extend the range of my racing wheel for when I want to race infront of the TV. Everything works perfectly. The Basics DP cables are 1.2 compliant and available in lengths up to 25ft. The 10ft/3m cable you need are £7.99 each. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Q8IW_1-DisplayPort-Cable/dp/B01J8S7624/

GeordieStew likes this.
  3. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I've definitely had good luck with Amazon Basics cables. They don't break the bank, but you can rely on them fairly well. Usually my go-to is Monoprice, but I'm not sure if that's available where you are located. I'm living in the USA and have only tried to buy them at that website.

4. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Minimodder

I'll try Amazon Basics (UK based). Thank you both.

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

3m is the maximum that can be certified, but you can operate cables longer than that without issue, it just requires not using the cheapest possible barely-scrapes-in-at-spec cables.