1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build - In Progress ⭐ NANO-TV : a gaming PC in a vintage TV

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by kim, 22 Apr 2018.

1. kim

kim hardware addict

Thank you very much TechnoMod87...:grin:, glad you like it, updates coming soon...

2. hayate89

hayate89 What's a Dremel?

Crazy idea ❤️

kim likes this.
  3. kim

kim hardware addict

I pulled my hair out finding the right way to fill the empty space between the IO plate and the TV shell, so I tried this, to get a straight line inside...
    [​IMG]
    unfortunately my Iphone dropped down and some dark spots appeared on the camera lense and I won't be able to show pics until I can solve this problem...here is the last very crappy picture, we can barely see that it fits the plate, but dark spots are also visible :eyebrow::waah:
    [​IMG]
    I apologise for the poor quality of my pictures, I really must increase the level of my thread, or I wont increase my numbers of votes neither...:grin: (joking)
    Thanks again to BT's staff for the nomination, another reason to "pull up" the level, I'll do my very best not to overcome 2019 :happy:
    see you ASAP, thanks for watching, comenting or liking

Dot_Kappa likes this.
  4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Camera tripod. ;) AKA, the back of a chair.
    Edit: still asleep here. May be time for a cheap camera. They take better pictures than a phone anyway.

kim likes this.
  5. kim

kim hardware addict

yup...:grin: totally the time, it's not doing justice to BT, neither to the Nanotv

6. kim

kim hardware addict

I manged to dedicate a few hours for modding today, ignoring grass cutting behind the house...:grin:
    Starting by fitting and screwing the square alu profile to the back panel with small HDD screws, and realising that all those temporary ugly pop-rivets must be replaced by similar screws :grr:
    [​IMG]
    Then, I cut a sheet of steel from an old case, to make this strenghtening part meaned to decrease the twisting up of the top when it's lifted...I wonder if it's thick enough...
    I managed to bend both sides with my vice and the help of iron bars, and start to adjust it to the case...
    [​IMG]
    more updates tomorow...
    thanks for watching

Last edited: 1 Jun 2019
  7. kim

kim hardware addict

I wasn't satisfied with this reinforcement part, the 0.3 mm steel sheet was not rigid enough to do the job...so I finally found another sheet of the same alu like other panels, it has screw holes but it won't be visible after some treatment, like all the dirts and scuffs, it will be fill with epoxy, sanded and all alu parts covered with black vinyl, as I heard that paint and alu aren't compatible...
    [​IMG]
    but if the alu is much stronger, it was not as easy to cut and to bend, I managed however, and now I must adjust all those parts together
    [​IMG]
    sadly, it took me all afternoon just to re-do this rough plate, it's dinner time now, hard to make significant progress...:wallbash:

Dot_Kappa likes this.
  8. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

Did you get a new camera ? :grin:
    The case looks "cleaner" with those alu parts !

Your grass need a trim or next time you'll have a problem to find the case :lol:

9. kim

kim hardware addict

Nope :grin:, I used my previous phone one, but under sunlight, pictures are looking nicer, I am planning to buy a proper camera, but I'll wait 'till my birthday in july :blah:
    Thanks a lot for that positive comment :thumb:, I am aware that actually, the case is ugly, dirty, many parts are not done with the accuracy we are used to see over the threads, my work is messy and it's obvious that there is still a long way before it can reach a level of cleaness, able to be shown in close shots...:sigh: but I've been far enough to know what to do to succeed...therefore, I will stop posting every small updates, and make some proper progress before posting.:idea:
    :hehe: excellent :grin: you're definitely right, thing is, my mower is on repair, but I should get it back soon :lol:
    thanks for your words, it helps a lot to have followers and comments, when you're lonely on a long ride and far from the finish line :grin:

10. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

Honestly, I like to see all the steps that bring to the final part.
    The case is not ugly....it's under construction. :naughty:
    Dont' worry about other threads, each modder has its own path and the most important thing is to have fun.:clap:

kim likes this.
  11. kim

kim hardware addict

wow... your words are making me happy once again mate:thumb:, and you're right, I'm having a great fun every moment I spend modding or planning other builds :grin:...BTW,
    :naughty: there is a forthcoming little new project of a WC HTPC, with a very original case shape in wood, and that should be fun as well), anyway, thank you for your support and your kind words.:clap:

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm coming up on my 5th year on my current project. It's not a race. :D
    Although finding time to fiddle about can be.
    Anyway, any progress IS progress.

kim likes this.
  13. kim

kim hardware addict

Thanks for your words too Cheapstake, and I agree...not a race, only pleasure... fiddling about yes ;) :D , but I show it here, and if I often congratulate modders, it's because their work and their skills, their creations as the quality of their pictures and threads are blowing out my mind; inspiring my admiration and generating the feeling of aesthetic self satisfaction, wich is the ultimate goal of any artistic creation...(IMO)
    that's why I am perhaps, a tad hard on myself :D:rolleyes:
    anyway, thanks for your support