1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

We had our kitchen, hallway and downstairs loo screed over some damproof membrane in order to get the flooring down.

We were going to remove the downstairs toilet to get floor laid fully down instead of around it. The halfwit builder has cemented the bloody thing in, our plumber couldn't get it out. Awesome.

Floor layer will just have to make do and we have to cross our fingers the toilet never has a problem (saves left over flooring for when we do have a problem....)

2. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Well as the vehicle is less than a year old and it appears the upper wishbone became detached (nut looks to have come off the securing screw) while it was being driven on what here is classed as a maintained public track I'm expecting the dealer /manufacturer to make good the damage. Especially as in America there is a recall on quite a few of these vehicles due to front suspension failure "posing a crash hazard" from this year that share the same front suspension, possibly a different issue but seems an odd coincidence .

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

So an IT issue screwed up the cpmpany emails whilst they were re-doing company details, just before it happend I was given a new title, to help express a level of seniority. Office manager advised IT the "correct" details for our office so they could fix the issue butshe advised my old title, I asked IT to sort with evidence of the approived change, the said no, speak to office manager, ok fine.

Spoke to her and showed the proof off my manager and MD, her reponse "whats the big deal, there's no difference", yes there is.

My manager has since said it was approved and she again said whats the big deal and she'll have to speak to the MD.

Bear in mind the office manger is a loveley lady, get on with her and I help her out as much as I can as I'm experienced in other areas of the business but that attitude really p**sed me off.
    It's not your place to question it, there's the principle and it's important to me and the dynamics of the team.

If it's not updated I'll be asking for a formal reason and taking to HR

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

So had to pop to the petrol station, I thought my left hand rear tyre had a slow puncture its been letting out air for the last few months and the sensor flags up at about 2-3 week intervals. The pressure doesn't drop loads, usually 5-6 PSI from where I set it previously... at the absolute maximum 10psi in a 4 week period. The tyres have 3-4 months of life left in them anyway so having to replace it didn't bother me much.

Anyway, today I went to do it and instantly noticed the outter rim isn't perfectly concentric. Its dented... not by much! but its definitely dented.... I replaced the entire set of rims in November for £579 due to a dented alloy and having to travel up north the next day it just had to be done. I'm still paying that off today...

I'm just sick of this constant barrage of outlay, constantly something to buy or fix... I actually felt like I could achieve something nice this month. Build a system for my dad (granted we're almost there) and feel like financially I'm getting to a point I have disposable income I can use for what I want... NOOOOPPEEEE!! just piss it up against the wall again and again and again...

To top it off I came home and the electricity had ran out..

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just done it again after getting back from the dentist.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Sounds like you need a "spring" in your step. Pretty sure I could find someone who could hook you up...

[​IMG]

EDIT: To be fair, I'd wanna pass out after going to the dentist too...

perplekks45 likes this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Why is it people think it's okay to talk while a teacher is trying to explain something?

For ****s sake. These lessons would be done in 2 hours instead of 4 if they could shut the **** up.

Jesus christ I hate people.

perplekks45 likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

So Herme's latest gag is leaving your parcel leaning up against your door in plain sight, then taking a photo and putting it on the tracking.

[​IMG]

This was at 12:11 today. My mum (whose house it is) was out until 2pm. So I had to sit here worrying myself stupid for 2 hours. It wasn't a terribly expensive item (£30) but it is 22 years old and brand new, so actually quite scarce even though it's not terribly valuable.

It's like a confession of their own stupidity tbh.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Back at work after two weeks in (mostly) sunny Withernsea.

Now, remind me... what is it I do again?

MLyons and adidan like this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Damned if I know but I did notice you not being here not doing it.

Welcome back from your jollies, if it's like my recent 2 weeks away you'll still be feeling the benefit of them for at least 5 minutes after you return. :happy:

Gareth Halfacree and The_Crapman like this.
  11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Car died unexpectedly out & about yesterday.... I suppose I should be grateful it didn't break down on the way to, or way home from London on Saturday.
    No warning, I'd been out twice in it already yesterday. Typically, I'd taken my wife & her mum to the supermarket, and was nipping down the road to the tip before picking them up.
    Nasty tinkly clattering from nowhere and white smoke from the exhaust when I put my foot down. Rang my friendly mechanic who told me to drive no further for fear of damage, and then waited for recovery, which took me a mile down the road to a garage that I trust.
    I'm now waiting for a call with whatever news, when they have been able to take a look.

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Do what I'm planning, eat a load of food, spin on your chair till you throw up an say your going home as you don't feel well. I'll do this once I take my headset off or else it will get messy.

Optional bonus level of go to doctors and get signed off with stress/depression (again on my list of things to do)

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Benchmarks. You get up every morning and run benchmarks until it's time to sleep again.....

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Garage this morning, RIP wallet

in other news I think I ate something dodgy last night as I feel rather fragile, not in a food poisoning way but rather having a pot noodle quickly followed by a packet of hobnobs before bed was dumb kinda way....

I farted earlier and was sure I'd somehow summoned the anti-christ

15. legoman

Chicken an plain rice, works well on humans (unless your a veggie) as well as dogs, Dev Doge will likely concur with this.

16. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Think I've cracked a rib again, twice in 2 months

17. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I laughed so much at that... I'm a bad human.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You're not the only one...

19. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

My brain. Combined anxiety and panic attack forcing me under a blanket in my car, whilst having colleagues laugh at me

20. legoman

Work migrated the entire payroll team in one hit to win10 last night, no test users etc, payroll is due for submission next week.
    None of them can now access said system, been dragged into a meeting wanting to know why I did it.
    I didn't, nor did I schedule them to be, or sign off any approvals, still I now have to fix it. No pressure!

Solution, move them back to win7 an pray

maxlxyd and MLyons like this.