1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H115i or ID cooling FROSTFLOW+ 280

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silk186, 9 Jun 2019.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

The Corsair Hydro Series H115i refub is on for £50 at OCuk and Scan.
    The ID cooling FROSTFLOW+ 280 is £55 new right now but goes lower some times.

Which of these coolers is better?
    I don't see many reviews for the ID cooling FROSTFLOW+ 280 but the ones I've seen are glowing.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I imagine there's a reason it's £55 and all the reviews are by people I've never heard of before, all holding brown envelopes.

The fans on the Corsair are probably worth the extra alone. Then there's 5yr warranty vs 2 and the prospect of an unknown entity should you have to claim.

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

The Corsair is a refub, they both have 1-year warranties.
    I've read a few threads with people that are happy with them.
    I did a bit more digging. They are very popular in China and half the price.

Not having reviews on big sites is not an indication of quality so much as brand recognition and marketing. I've seen lots of reviews trashing products.

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

I checked prices in China.
    The ID cooling FROSTFLOW+ 280 £23 so I asked my wife to bring me one when she flies back in a week.

It will certainly cool better than my Noctua NH-L9i or any air cooler in that price range.