1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ The Iron Turnip--6-2019-complete. final pictures on page 29

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cheapskate, 18 Jul 2014.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

DONE! Yessssssss! FINITOOOOO!
    You heard me- Done! I decided the 5 year mark was way to long to work on one project.
    [​IMG]
    -I got the back off by pulling the end of the reservoir... and a couple of screws. I'd say the tricky bit was prying a really settled in O-ring free.
    [​IMG]
    -Skipping a bit, (You'll see all the holes I punched in the back eventually,) I started final assembly. I put the PSU back in, and found all the wires to plug in.
    [​IMG]
    -I'm slapping the fan panel in and snaking the internal wires out the access hatch here. Looking at this pic I realize I probably didn't add enough airflow. :worried:
    [​IMG]
    -Oh, NO! I'm all out of fancy computer water! -Oh, wait... I had some. I mean, It won't run as fast as Perrier, but I'm in a hurry.
    [​IMG]
    -Oh sh*t. What does rotten water smell like? I obviously thought I wouldn't have been delayed as much as I was.
    [​IMG]
    -I did a 15 second leak test after tossing this thing around like a beach ball. Just kidding, I just filled it and primed the pump.
    [​IMG]
    -Trying to get some internal pics here, but you really can't even get a finger in this thing. :lol:
    [​IMG]
    -Yeah, that's electrical tape. I'm not proud. I don't remember ever testing the power cord, either.
    [​IMG]
    -I omitted the kinda clumsy core insertion. You can imagine how after all the modding to the can that it might not be very round. I needed some razor blade prying and even a rubber mallet to get the back panel inserted.
    Anyway, this is the light/fan/control switch access hole.

Are you ready for final photos? OK, hold onto something! HERE THEY COME!
    [​IMG]
    -But first, let me show you this weird UFO I saw the other day.
    [​IMG]
    -Spooky :jawdrop:
    [​IMG]
    -Is that a little alien in the window?!

-Yeah, You knew I was an evil sh*t. I'll get some proper pics out. You only had to wait 5 years. What's day or two going to matter?

Thanks again to my sponsors. :D I never would get to do stuff like this without them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deblow, neSSa, Nexxo and 3 others like this.
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I'm actually sort of in shock that it's finished haha. Every time you start a build it's a bit like an important chapter for me, I can track so many life events through each post. It feels really weird if I'm honest, that same sense of worry you have when a good book/tv/movie series ends, but in the way you want it to?

Dot_Kappa and MLyons like this.
  4. artoodeeto

artoodeeto Minimodder

You don’t *have* to be finished. Do a whole root vegetable series. Next up? Beets, onion, potato...the choice is yours! Just don’t do leeks. :D

5. Cheapskate

:D I'm sensing some, "Dude, No way!" from you guys.
    Fear not. I have several models of stuff for the future. Two using techniques I don't have the tools for, and one to blow through all the impulse purchases of plexiglas I made in the past 5 years. :lol: I'll be doing the plexi first. -Of course, that would be the one model that isn't finished.

@Maki role -You were the first reply 5 years ago, and very nearly the first at the end. :)lol: Of course, Perplekks, doesn't sleep. There was no way you would beat him here. ) It's been fun following you here too. You went from the Sketchup contests to BitTech's diva.
    @artoodeeto - I have two sheets of 'banana pudding' plexi. I've done enough suggestive vegetable names... for now.

6. perplekks45

7. InsolentGnome

InsolentGnome Minimodder

Looks crazy! Everything but the kitchen sink, but you did have a kitchen faucet so I guess that counts.

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Has it really been 5 years? Jesus! Congratulations on finishing, you must be a proud father. Can't wait for the full centerfold spread.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Congratulations dude she looks fantastic.

10. Cheapskate

@perplekks45 - Same to you. :D Wait... Is that a heart, or a sc*tum? :worried:
    @InsolentGnome - I tried. What am I going to do with all these sinks?
    @The_Crapman - I pretty much said, "That's long enough!" Final pics... I got distracted. It turns out I didn't have GPU output yesterday. Somehow the PCIE riser got disconnected on the GPU side...deep inside the assembly. The fix involved looking through a hole in the back and poking past the reservoir with a paint stick. THEN windows 10 said, "HDMI? alright! default to 640x480." The new tiles ******** defaults to +1024x768, so I couldn't get the screen resolution changed.
    @Vault-Tec - I think the turnip reference makes it male. It's difficult to say nowadays, though. #METALsexual

perplekks45 and Vault-Tec like this.
  11. The_Crapman

A problem child already eh? Sounds like he might have ADHD(MI) :eyebrow:

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Great to see it finally finished, has been about as long as I've been a member here!

Oh, and definitely nobody touched the tags...:worried:

13. Cheapskate

Ow, puns... :lol:
    @Mr_Mistoffelees - Yeah, the project outlived a lot of my fanbase. :(
    I promised pics. I dumped 'em Bit's server. :D
    [​IMG]
    -and they are BLURRY. :p My camera doesn't like shiny objects. -Never did.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -There's the opened up back panel. I def needed more holes. It just barfs heat from all orifices.
    [​IMG]
    -After all this time I'm wondering if I put the cpu waterblock on backwards. :worried: Coolant flowing backwards would explain it being kinda hot. I'm REALLY not sure why I never thought to check, either.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More love for my sponsors. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dot_Kappa, neSSa, Vault-Tec and 2 others like this.
  14. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Looks wild man! With those lights, dare I say, a BlooToob.I love the suspension on the feet, the re-use of the piston and faucet spout. The more I look at this, I see more objects I think I recognise.Great job with this one!

15. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

A well deserved slow clap. Congratulation the case turn out looking fantastic.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

o_O You're finished?!? But... but... now I don't have an excuse anymore to slack on my build... :waah:

Very nice work --has a Fallout 2079 vibe about it.

cobalt6700 likes this.
  17. perplekks45

Either way's fine, right? :naughty:

18. Cheapskate

Thanks, everyone. :D
    @Brett89 - Purple tube. It's more suggestive. The UV filters built into cameras don't like purple, though. The springs worked great. It's like a 30 pound bobble head.
    @Nexxo - No, you DON'T, do you. You have to finish before the internet loses the pics of the first half. You need a nagging deadline hanging over your head. :D
    @Dr. Coin - Thanks. :D
    @perplekks45 - Ew, no. :lol:

19. The_Crapman

Epic. It reminds me of those repair droids from next gen that become sentient.

20. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

It's honestly so cool. So eccentric, would be very fitting as a set piece in a sci-fi tv show haha.