1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I met Jesse James at Goodwood many years ago. I didn't say anything as I froze, so I threw him a metal hand signal and he smiled.

I also met a few quite famous BMX riders last year and again froze.

I'm dead outgoing me.....

2. silk186

silk186 Derp

Not shaking hands make sense, shaking hands with that many nervous fans ...

Arboreal likes this.
  3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Spent the weekend at Silverstone racetrack for "Fully Charged Live" an electric car show fronted by Robert (Kryten from Red Dwarf) Llewellyn.
    Got to put in 12 laps on the track* in 4 different electric cars (Renault Zoe, BMW i3s, Nissan Leaf & Kia e-Niro), then a slalom course in a Jag i-Pace.

Saturday evening's entertainment was a funk DJ set from Craig (Lister) Charles, and Danny (Cat) John-Jules showed up too. Much funs were had.

OK - It was the Stowe circuit, under supervision, and with a 60mph limit

Speed likes this.
  4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I was there on Friday - it was a good day!

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My money is stretching this month... In some ways its unnerving because I feel like I've forgotten something but having checked I think I'm paid up!

Its also my birthday on Monday which means a little bit of cash in my pocket!

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Went in for round 2 of the tattoo today and this is the end result. Absolutely chuffed with it!
    [​IMG]

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That's proper decent mate. :thumb:

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Tattoos always look so much better when they're super fresh and the inking is really vivid.

goldstar0011 and Guest-44638 like this.
  9. wecrookie

wecrookie Minimodder

Just heard that the daughters offer on her first house has been accepted. ****ing brilliant:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IanW, MLyons, Byron C and 1 other person like this.
  10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

My "Night Elf Crest" on my upper right arm could do with a re-colour... it'll have to wait 'til I've done my PC.
    [​IMG]

At some point, I would like 3 more (incl. the one in my profile avatar) done... but see above.

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Jun 2019
  11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Despite the massive failure to migrate from m.2 SATA to m.2 NVMe (Clones didn't seem to want to play ball, I suspect some old buggery owing to the fact that it's Win10 installed over an umpteen year old install of Win7 - Back before UEFI was even a normal thing) it's only taken three or four hours to get everything pretty much back where it was.

12. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Watching my goddaughter dressed up as Wonder Woman dancing and playing with the kids from the dance class her father runs with me

adidan and MLyons like this.
  13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

More a case of happier than awesome... 350Mbps (down) & 35-40Mbps (up) internet connection.

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

KFC and spending the rest of the day researching and testing the new benchmark suites. Life is good.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I'm hoping a monitor arm is waiting for me when I get home... (although so far no sign apparently)

I've figured out I need a bit more of my own space so the arm with a future desk cabinet extension should give me adequate room without taking up the limited living room space we have. I don't feel like I have the room to be productive, I find the small desk drawer turns into a dumping ground and the limited desk storage spaces are vulnerable to small person hands so inhabitable.

Hopefully with these two small investments it should give me a decent storage location (with lock) and good open desk room without being engulfed by monitor stands to do general tasks

Also:

Remaining pieces for my dads build should be turning up over the next few days, Ive recently ordered the cooler and some thermal paste. I believe I should just need a mATX case, sata cable and keyboard.mouse now before I can start assembling and shipping out! :)

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

it appears my being approached by the art director of a new game studio in leamington spa was legit, im currently working on a brief being tested for my design and technical abilities.

its surprisingly entertaining.

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Bought a Ryzen 2600 build to replace my core two duo MacBook. Feels good to actually be able to do/run stuff again!

xaser04, adidan, MLyons and 1 other person like this.
  18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Woke up this morning to an email from Amazon that informed me about my refund for the new Rammstein album was being issued. Thing is, I received the album, I listened to it yesterday and (while not their best) I have no interest in sending it back. So I called them up because I'm an honest person and it turns out their refund center made a mistake. Now from what I've been told I'll be able to keep the album, receive my money back and thus be 17.99 Euros richer.

//UPDATE: I will receive a further two refunds for books I have in my possession. Apparently they have an issue with their logistics system and the items are supposed to be on their way back to Amazon right now because they couldn't be delivered. I could, however, provide them with pictures of all these items in my hands. Gotta order more free stuff now, eh?

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Why does that never happen to me?

perplekks45, adidan and Guest-44638 like this.
  20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Finding the Minted package for latex, solved my code blocks without any real setup required which was nice.

Now to find an nice automatic way to solve tables....