1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung raises ire over 'smart' TV virus warning

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 18 Jun 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

Anti virus software for a TV? Seriously? I have a computer that I built and I have two means of defending against malware and believe Me whatever I've encountered I've defeated. My tv is not a Samsung thankfully, seems like a ludicrous thing to Me.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

If it has an internet connection it is vulnerable, regardless of the brand.
    And even if it is just a TV where you don't keep any data of value, there is still a reason to target them for example for botnets.
    All Samsung did was being honest by accident.

4. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

I am behind My routers firewall and not wireless. So far I don't know of anyway to scan such a device as a smart tv.

5. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

I am behind My routers firewall and not wireless. So far I don't know of anyway to scan such a device as a smart tv.
    I stream what does not come over the air via My uhf tv antenna via cable internet @ 100/10. But then I'm not old enough for the low cost cable internet and I'd need to be 65 to get that and then it's 30/4 which doesn't seem to be able to stream anything. My internet costs Me $65.99 a month, the 30/4 costs $14.99 a month and since I can only at the moment afford internet(which falls on deaf ears) I get marketing calls asking Me to stream their service for an extra $20 or so a month which I just don't have right now... The streaming I do does not cost anything to do, since the streaming rides piggy back on My cable internet access that I pay for thru My modem, thru My router and over My cat6 cables.

Tags: Add Tags