1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs New TV time... advice welcome

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sentinel-R1, 17 Jun 2019.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Even better news. Thanks buddy.

Haven't really had much of a play with it yet. I spent last night calibrating it, setting up and then trying out various 4K HDR content and consoles. I'll do all the rest tonight after dinner.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Stellar work :thumb:

Don't forget to set your HDMIs to "enhanced" modes if they're not already, lest you struggle with 4K HDR @ 60hz. I bewilders me that this isn't the default setting (or at least it wasn't with my 75XE94)

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Thanks for the tip. I'll check that later on today. Not had any issues so far though and I've been enjoying HDR and Dolby Vision content for the first time. Very impressive.

The colour reproduction with the Triluminos display is mind-blowing...

4. veato

veato I should be working

When I got my Sony I had a mild panic attack thinking it didn't support 4K HDR on the Xbox One until I found this out.

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Great tip about enhanced modes.. and as you suspected, XB1X wasn't in HDR mode because of the 'hidden' enhanced mode on a submenu.

Now all working great!

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I wasted around an hour trying to figure out why my PS4 wasn't listing HDR 4K60 as a valid mode (but the 4K player was fine playing HDR 4K24), made worse by the fact that I had another variable in the form of a new AVR in the mix as well.

Similarly my 4K monitor defaults to HDMI1.4 and DP1.1 on the inputs... queue up an hour of screwing around with drivers, control panels, cables, different outputs trying to get 4K60 output :rolleyes:

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

It really is hidden away in an unnatural place on the menus. I personally would have put it in the advanced settings with the other HDR and HDMI settings but there you go.

Appreciate the heads up because that would have had me stumped.