1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ⭐ MAD MAX Case Mod Tribute

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 17 May 2018.

1. ifohancroft

ifohancroft Minimodder

I am in-love with the mod! Can't wait to see it finished!
    By the way, same. I've been watching Bill,s videos for years. He got me interesting in modding. Heck, before that I even had no idea what modding was.

2. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Thank you very much for your support and comment!

Painted the engine and injector air scoop silver alum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

neSSa and ifohancroft like this.
  3. Pirra

Pirra What's a Dremel?

Great project Bill, as always.

Keep it comin' man, you´re an inspiration to Mod!!!

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Awesome Bill.

I may be showing my age but I used to work on Falcon's, Monaro's and Valiant's (Hemi motors!!!) when I was a young mechanic in the 80's, you could climb in the engine bay to work on them.

I also saw the movie when it was originally released in NZ. At the time I was into big road bikes (first model GSX1100 was my baby, one mate had the same, another had a venerable Kawasaki Z900 which featured in the movie, another had one of the three cylinder 750cc two-stroke Kawasaki's - a massive handful - which was also in the movie in the background) so the movie was petrol-head heaven.

We did all laugh at the lack of sync between the bike gear changes on screen and reality as well as the poor motorbike engine sounds in general, I mean, if you have ever ridden the maelstrom that is a 750cc two-stroke triple powerband you will know what I mean.

However, the film did get the car engine sounds right, I distinctly remember the hard-on from hearing the V8's roar. That said, being an Aussie film they had to get the cars right, there would of been a boycott of the movie if they didn't, you don't mess with Aussie petrol-heads.

Anyway, enough nostalgia...

Are you going to continue the theme with a Ford grille style at the front?

Last edited: 16 Jul 2018
    Vault-Tec and ifohancroft like this.
  5. mnpctech

@Pirra Thank you! .....awesome avatar btw!

@Fingers66 ....WOW, I love those Monaros from early 70s too! I recall in early 80s when you could find used 70/71 Ford Torinos for around $1,000, or even less needing little work. Now they're super rare in the states. I had 1974 Olds Omega I bought for $250 when I was 15. My dad spotted it and borrowed me the money so I could nab it before I have my drivers license. All it needed was a front wheel bearing. Gawd, what I'd give to find another today in rust free condition.. My problem was I'd buy and sell cars, cause I wanted to see what each make/model was all about. I've owned a variety of euro, asian and domestic cars. btw, I started a GLOBAL "Car Guy Hangout" on FB for friends into cars and you're welcome to join, HERE

I've been contemplating about the front. It would be nice to create the front of Max's car, but making the proportions look right would be challenging

ifohancroft likes this.
  6. mnpctech

My apologies for the lack of updates. Paying gigs keep the lights on, so Max will need to temporarily park the Falcon. I may bring it out and share a new update for mental break if time allows.

rchiileea and ifohancroft like this.
  7. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

feeling this right now with desk my own personal project, then other project for others, not complaining though.

ifohancroft likes this.
  8. mnpctech

I had paused progress on this build so i could get this metro exodus finished in time for their launch. Just started working with the new cooler master SL600M case for DiRT Rally 2.0 game theme build. Interesting chassis layout thats confused most of the YT reviewers. Can anyone think beyond the normal ATX layout anymore? Most of the reviewers ignored the multiple cooling options the case offers. So, once that's finished, I can hopefully (sigh) get back to this project. Personal projects always get halted so I can pay the bills.

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Your sidetracks are so bad they keep me from my project too. :lol:

10. mnpctech

yes, and thank you for tolerating me, ha!

11. TodMod

TodMod Minimodder

Love it

12. mnpctech

Guest-44638 likes this.
  13. Cheapskate

Pretty much like a pwm fan setup? :lol:

14. bolous

bolous What's a Dremel?

Omg great idea! Very cool!

15. y0gi

y0gi What's a Dremel?

How did i miss this!? A worklog talking Falcons and Monaro's based on my all time favorite flick. Still have my 74 Monaro sitting in the garage... she's a beast!

Absolutely loving this, Bill.

16. Cheapskate

@Jeff Hine - Not mocking you. Stock cooling with PWM can get pretty loud. The GTX295 in particular sounded like a truck shifting into low when the chips were stressed.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  17. mnpctech

@cheaps, don't worry about putting on your radiation suit for Chernobyl. No idea if/when that project will happen.

@y0gi , thanks for tuning in, and holy $heet, I envy you for that car!!!

I had to shelf this build to get two other commissioned builds finished

metro exodus PC,

Dirt rally PC,

Took everything out last night to re-evaluate where I left off on this project. The last stage was mounting the EK reservoirs to emulate the rear fuel tanks in Max's Interceptor. I'm debating about making a roof line over the middle section of the case or hood with blower cut-out to cover the front. I know either would involve several hours of trial and error fitting. That time could be re-focused on progression of other thing on the build. That's a perfect example of being a victim to your own project scope creep.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Jun 2019
  18. Cheapskate

Hey, the Metro build was an EVENT. :lol: "oh, sorry. There's a 4th gear hub under the sprocket." Putting something down for a year and then having to re-decipher what it is is the hardest part.

19. Sa mod pc design

Sa mod pc design Minimodder

I like the engine in that position

20. Landux

Landux What's a Dremel?

Wow…
    The details are stunning!
    I really enjoyed Mad Max and with this rig you are offering a priceless tribute!
    Congrats!