1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays New Monitor Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by obaidbd, 28 Jun 2019.

1. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice here. So planning to get a new monitor in a month or so.
    My current monitor is Dell U2515H which has excellent display and color quality and amazing for photo editing. But I want to add another monitor in my setup for gaming with below spec
    • 27inch (or 32inch if budget allows)
    • 144hz
    • 2560 x 1440
    • Free sysc (got AMD card)
    • Curved preferred but not mandatory
    • Budget: £250-£350 (or less :D)
    Now if I search for monitors with above spec there are plenty of options but I want a gaming monitor with the color quality as close as my Dell U2515H without breaking my bank. I understand that with above spec its probably impossible to get a true color monitor (no yellow/blue/green tint) with in my budget range (those are like over £500), but I want as close as possible.

So what is your experience with the monitors within this price range? Happy to hear any advice. :)
    Cheers!

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Last edited: 28 Jun 2019
    obaidbd likes this.
  3. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

is it this one mate? .... On amazon price is almost same for 27" /32" .... Did look at this one as it ticked all the boxes for me apart from Freesync ... but have no clue about the color

Its a very good choice at this price tag, great find! might consider but i need to search/investigate more. :)

Basically I am making a list now, plan is to buy one on Amazon Prime day deal :D

4. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Thats why I am finding it difficult to compare

having two monitors with complete two different color/contrast is awful :(

5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The Hexus review shows that the AOC Q3279VWFD8 has better colour accuracy than the Dell U2718Q and P2419H but I can't find a site that has both your monitor and the AOC tested under the same conditions to compare.

6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Last edited: 30 Jun 2019
  7. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Yup I noticed that too and surprised actually! .... will check if I can find any videos on youtube

8. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

9. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

No idea. Its been a while I have heard anyone on here buy from them, but I know many have over the years and been very happy with the product and service provided.

It is an TN panel but supposedly a very good one, so colour accuracy won't match your ips I would guess. There is a review link on the product page however which says it's good enough as to make it difficult to tell the difference.

I suggest giving them a ring and seeing what they say. Tell them you are a member on bit-tech and another member recommended them. That's how we all swung a discount with them in the first place.

Also, at 27" curved is just a gimmick imo, and possibly one you may regret buying into. Curved is good on 34" ultrawides though.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2019