1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Was nice knowing you, mate.

maxlxyd and MLyons like this.
  3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Been working out how to get to the Frankfurt motor show to kick tyres on all the 2020 'leccy cars that are launching there.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

In this:
    [​IMG]

IanW and adidan like this.
  5. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Just sold my 2005 Pontiac Sunfire today. It was a bittersweet goodbye but it was a pain in the arse!

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Been working on one of my bikes. Well, not working on, but painting.

Tons of prep and crap stuff before primer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then tons more prep and crap before base coat.

[​IMG]

Next up - tons more prep before candy.

Also, after spending the day with my cousin clearing out my mother's loft (everything apart from bikes) I came to the conclusion that I could actually get a decent man cave work area out of it, and have somewhere to put the bikes fully built. Basically there isn't much standing space because of the modern roof construction, so most of it has 4x2s coming down from the roof to the floor. However, they are spaced about 2ft apart so if I get in behind them and floor it out a bike can go between each one.

So next week my cousin and I begin building the BMX Asylum.

All good stuff. I will also be able to buy, clean up and restore, more bikes :D

Win win !

xaser04 and MLyons like this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Just put down my first ever successful candy paint job. Feeling on top of the world right now tbh.

Just clear to go now.

The_Crapman likes this.
  8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

AO.com their customer service has been really helpful and friendly with us needing to rearrange delivery several times due to us being in bugsville.

Really refreshing.

9. Vault-Tec

They're awesome.

Many years ago my mum's fridge freezer was icing up like crazy. I tracked it down to a squashed door seal. "No bother I will buy, and fit, a new one". Nuh uh. Gotta buy a whole door.

So I swotted like crazy and found a silver Baumatic that had double seals and they're £18 each.

So I ordered it.

What came was the deluxe model with mirror doors and nicer handles. Just one issue. The top was faded and it was clearly a show model.

I phoned AO and in the end I got a brand new top from Baumatic *and* a £200 refund. So a £580 FF cost mum £230.

It's still going perfectly to this day.

But yeah, on a scale of 1-10 I'd give them an exceptional. We were screwed in a way because they'd already taken our old own away and got rid of it. They could have been proper D-bags but no.

adidan likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

Root beer candy (house of kolor).

Next stage - clear coat :D

perplekks45 likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Got paid last Friday from my old job and thanks to some leftover holidays & overtime it ended up being more than my normal pay. Today I got paid for the first week of my new job (this week), which I wasn't expecting. Earlier this week we paid off the first item on our debt repayment plan - we're doing the "debt snowball" thing, meaning that, with one down already, the next bill is going to be that much easier to pay off. On top of that... I just finished reconciling our accounts against the budget and there's a lot left over before we get paid in July.

Getting on top of my monthly budget and finally sorting out a debt repayment plan was possibly the smartest thing I've done in the last 3-5 years. There's no anxiety about having enough money to pay the bills every month, and there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel of crushing debt.

I've got to go muck out the cat litter tray now which isn't quite as much fun... probably why I'm procrastinating here...

LennyRhys, Vault-Tec and xaser04 like this.
  12. Vault-Tec

Clearing cat poo is like panning for gold. Only a lot smellier and no money is involved.

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

My Rampage V lives!! :D

Now running a i7 6800k which is fine for the purposes I need it for.

Arboreal, Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Trapped my first opossum last night. In my bedroom, which is not so cool, but still. Benefits of living in the woods. Just gonna release him in the yard (big yard) cause they do so much good for the environment. Also was told I can't eat him.

15. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Best $5 the opossum ever spent, getting someone to tell you that. :hehe:

16. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

In New Zealand possums are a noxious pest and should be killed on sight. They are not native (some bright spark introduced them thinking they could make money from the fur) then in the absence of any predators, they developed a prediliction for native NZ trees and fauna as well as being endemic carriers of bovine TB (not good for NZ's dairy, beef & deer). They also have a taste for the food and eggs of native birds - prior to the introduction of possums (and stoats) in the 1850's, there were no mammal predators, leading to such a unique range of mainly ground nesting and flightless birds. Oh, they also destroy the forest canopy if unchecked.

The only good possum is a dead one.

[​IMG]

Have a read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_brushtail_possum_in_New_Zealand

Last edited: 30 Jun 2019
    adidan likes this.
  17. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Possum versus opossum. They are important native creatures that eat ticks and venomous snakes. They're also our only native marsupials. Yes, they're tasty but it's more useful doing its thing in the great outdoors. We released it and corralled the outside cats so it would get somewhere safe not in our house.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opossum

Feels good to keep it alive, even if Green Corn is in a week or so. Maybe I'll get a squirrel or two for that.

18. adidan

Yup, they've done a hell of alot of damage in NZ.

And they cover your deck in crap and make a racket on your roof. But in all seriousness, native species have suffered massively.

Mind you 1080 hasn't done the Kea any favours and they're more endangered than the kiwi.

Keas are just awesome.

Arboreal likes this.
  19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Keas are indeed awesome, great for slowly dismantling cars...

Arboreal likes this.
  20. adidan

Yeah they took a few things off ours but i couldn't have cared less. :happy:

Arboreal likes this.