1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Glad to hear that's a thing, last time I went for a beer in Winton, the choice wasn't great.
    If you're over my way, the Wight Bear in Southbourne Grove is an excellent ale house, and the new Drop the Anchor tap room in Tuckton is great. DTA is a newish small craft brewery in Christchurch, i know one of the guys, who has left his job and is doing it full time. Props to the fella, I hope it goes well for them

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Good luck to the fella, I keep encouraging my mate to go into business for himself but I don't think he fancies the stress of it. I think it's the future though, drinking is on the decline and people prefer something decent when they do.

I'm drinking in pubs less these days and when I do I prefer an all day low percentage session, so it's real ale all the way, or I will die.

And three pints for £9 felt like a steal to me, although back in my home town it would have run you £5 :hehe:

Arboreal likes this.
  3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Breakfast!

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec, Arboreal and perplekks45 like this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

*Man*, that is satisfying:

parvum-kallax.jpg

Fits perfectly into a Kallax/Expedit/Whatever IKEA's Calling It This Year. There's not a whole lot of room for the top vents to do their thing, mind you, but front and rear are unobstructed while there's plenty of space at the sides.

Vault-Tec, legoman, IanW and 2 others like this.
  5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Like a glove...

Had a rather crappy time of late (still is rather crap) after fitting the android disco gay bar RAM to the PC last night it kicked my modding brain back into gear. Doing it properly this time as I have way more in terms of skills. First up, seeing how the PC runs without a graphics card, then the fun starts.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The fact that it appears to be protruding an inch or so is making me twitch... please tell me it will sit flush.

Even if it doesn't, please tell me it does anyway so I can carry on with the rest of my day.

Dr. Coin likes this.
  7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

If it doesn't, chase a hole in the wall and MAKE IT FIT.

8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Ooops - OCD trigger event... I saw that myself, but guessed that Halfy was OK with the situation.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Triggered. I am very triggered.

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I bet it actually fits in fine, but G knew that picture would cause ripples...

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Found an undocumented API for some work I'm doing which is going to save me hours of trial and error. Just hoping it doesn't get changed.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sadly I can do no such calming of your fretting mind: it's just slightly too long, sticking out at the front and back (or pick your own side, I guess.) I knew that'd be the case before it arrived, mind you, and the 'feet' are wide enough that it's flat and stable without the need for some form of supporting chock.

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Phew. Good to know, thanks!

14. legoman

Only solution, a letter to Ikea to tell them they need to make the units deeper to house the case.

15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Do you know where you are?!

Only solution is a cut-and-shut. Take a dremel, remove enough of the case to shorten it to the appropriate length, glue back together. Everybody is happy.

MLyons and adidan like this.
  16. legoman

I venture the innards of that case may not quite fit :hehe: Its that or Mr Halfacre should get a LZ7, more maybe the forthcoming LZ7 XTD if he fancies a large graphics card. Either will easily fit into that space.

Arboreal likes this.
  17. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Cut and shut two Kallax deep!

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Simplest answer - pull the shelving away from the wall an inch or two. Makes running cables behind it easier too!

19. Gareth Halfacree

That one is actually free-standing, acting as a divider between the bedroom and the office.

20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Well that's the problem sorted....
    Push the case back so it's flush at the front, which moves the problem into another room, where we don't have to look at it! :p