1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broots

broots What's a Dremel?

My appologies! I was so stunned by the pics, I couldn't read. :worried:

2. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Looking very cool g-gnome, I dont know how you do it.

Im loving, I just got done reading the entire update.

3. supam

supam What's a Dremel?

Another lurker just registering to say :jawdrop:

This update is such a tease. :waah:

A couple of comments though:

The pump is cool but it's almost too much chrome :worried: and I was thinking that a bit of green plexi would improve the look a touch. Of course, would need to see the rest before I could be sure :naughty:

Also the only criticism is the lack of Aussie watercooling solutions :nono: A silver cascade...mmmm...it would complement the case so well and wouldn't need to be stealthed :brrr: I'm sure Cather would bend the waiting list for this project.

Of course I'm just nitpicking.

:thumb: :dremel:

4. tomek

tomek What's a Dremel?

Who are You G-gnome?
    Android, Robot??
    Can't find the words. :eeek:

I know what are you doing.

Mo-bo (and everything else) is gonna be mounted in boxes witch will be "chrome-style" (like everything in your case).

Am I correct?

Tom

PS

I know what Dremel is. :D

Last edited: 17 Nov 2003
  5. Omnipotence

Omnipotence What's a Dremel?

I don't think there's anything more I can really add to this. I'm very glad to see that you've kept up the impeccable quality. Keep it up! :dremel:

6. GUIGUI

GUIGUI What's a Dremel?

You don't stop to say we haven't seen nothing until now... Are you sure this mod has beginning yet? :D

Seriously, the pump fitting mod is amazing! I am only wondering why they have put the thing you have putting out if it was useless?

always beautiful in any case. :thumb: :clap:

7. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

stunning work as ever g-gnome, and i stand fully corrected on the dome/acorn nuts everywhere! :D

RoB

8. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I think I know what you are saying here, so I'll have a go at answering.

The pump covers are actually very useful to stop EMI. They just don't make them for the Eheim 1250 (my pump) just for it's little brothers - the Eheim 1046 and Eheim 1048. Hence my having to mod my pump to fit into the 1048 housing.

:)

9. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

best mod ever!

Greetings from Sweden!

I just want to begin by saying the usual WOOOOWW!!!

I have followed this thread from the begining and it just keeps getting better by the minute. G-Gnome is by far the most skilled modder ever to walk this earth. :rock: :clap:

There was a time when i thought that my old Sunbeam plexi looked good but those days are long gone. When i first saw G-Gnomes incredible skill,Craftsmanship and innovations i was truly blown away. We are all simple peasants that can only crawl in the shadow of the mighty king!!!!

HAIL TO THE KING!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(check out my crappy mod at http://forum.sweclockers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190775&highlight=%E4ntligen+klar its in Swedish so ya might not get whats written but there aare som pics :) )

Last edited: 17 Nov 2003
  10. Krostillian

Krostillian What's a Dremel?

As with most folks, I love the pump! I have a 1250 as well and would love to have a case for it. Do you think that copper would provide as much protection as the steel? I have a few sheets and think it would make a most excellent case (Polished of course!)

11. GUIGUI

GUIGUI What's a Dremel?

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I had already undrestand that (hey, I read the posts). What I was asking was how you could be sure that the pieces you had removed (like this sort of grill) aren't going to cause problems?

12. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Sorry that I didn't understand you GUIGUI. :)

How can I be sure? Because the manual, online research, advice from the dealer, advice from Pug at wizard designs and my own knowledge of the pumps and how they operate tell me that nothing I removed from the pump in any way affects it's operation. The grille is really only used when the pump is run submerged as it covers a filter. Otherwise it's just looks. Many people run their eheims without it if they are not submerging them. When you take one apart it's easy to tell what's what and at no stage did I breach the casing on the pump.

Hope that helps.

13. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I really couldn't say. The steel is pretty thick - 2-3mm and the cover is quite heavy but I don't know enough about EMI to know if the thickness has any bearing on things.

If it's just for looks though, I'd say go for it! :dremel:

14. HardModd

HardModd What's a Dremel?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    well well well you have skill :clap:
    well after all you really make us other to WAKE UP ! and start to think " can i do better then that " and now the competision is on !
    Great work ! Keep it going ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

All the best from us @ SweModders

15. Reason_no1

Reason_no1 What's a Dremel?

G-gnome: sweet just sweet...can´t find the worlds for it ... :jawdrop:

[WP@]WOLVERINE:
    your Sunbeam plexi look good ....
    Cool that you find the way over to Bit-tech...
    more fun plase to be than sweclockers
    don´t get me wrong but sweclockers have alot of "fjortis" over it don´t you think?
    u have to be a modder of G-gnome caliber to get credits over at swe

16. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I'll just keep quiet since every post is about the same... ;) Everybody knows my opinion :)

17. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Thats very true but there are a bunch of good modders at swec to you just have to ignore the dumbasses :) and i have been lurking around Bit.Tech for a looong time its just that i havent posted anything before. But since Orac is the greatest mod ever i just had to :)

18. Complexity

Complexity What's a Dremel?

Very very impressive.

Well G-gnome, I believe everyone else who has already posted in here has spoken for me. I'm just in awe of the amount of detail you have gone into, in making this case. It is extremely impressive and I'm having trouble deciding which mod I think is better, your Orac³ or BlueSmurf's Imperator.

I have been reading all the way along since you began this thread. You have gone into so much depth in explaining this mod and have given so much effort into keeping this log, that it is only now that I have a question.

My question is about the way you vinyl-dyed your eheim pump.
    In relation to these two pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see in the before and after shots, the brand display in red lettering of "EHEIM" is still visible after you vinyl-dyed the entire casing. How is it that you vinyl dyed the entire casing, yet the letters "EHEIM" still remain visible?

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for going into so much effort into keeping this log. I have enjoyed every minute of reading all the updates and each post. I have enjoyed every hour of staring at the pictures and I know I will continue to enjoy all the time I spend reading this log.

- Complexity.

19. isisfreak

isisfreak What's a Dremel?

Re: Very very impressive.

Only the front is dyed.

G-gnome: Great work, your attention to detail amazes me. Great job! :rock:

20. sk8ero

sk8ero What's a Dremel?

please mr G-Gnome sir can i have some more

excelent work, puts shame to my dodgy mods

hope next updates arnt to far away

Good luck wid it looks great