1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nimbu, 23 Jul 2019.

1. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Is anyone else tempted?

Part of me likes the idea of this;

1) it is supposed to be tough
    2) months of gameplay getting to 60
    3) it meaning something when you finally craft that item you have been collecting mats for.
    4) two handed enhanced shaman WF procs. (Search for the Shaman video unbreakable)

The bits that so to me this isn't a great idea.
    1) getting to 60 without any form of guild.
    2) pugs for late game dungeons were not fun and often an hour in someone would just leave.
    3) no guild, in the original I had friends in the top guild on server (we came from eve but they were hardcore) I wasn't allowed favours to join as I was a filthy casual, however on occasions I might get a spot on an MC alt run.
    4) being told that enhanced spec shamans are not raid viable and that I need to go resto..

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm definitely getting involved. It was my favourite era of WoW (apart from running through the entirety of Stranglethorn Vale because you couldn't get a mount until Lvl40).
    • All the major quest lines felt like they had a point to them.
    • Elite wandering rares were genuinely dangerous.
    • The dungeons were actually hard and the loot definitely rewarding.
    • You HAD to engage with other players for PUGs and even to take down Hogger!
    • When you got your lvl40 class epic mount, it really was epic.
    • Crafting was so much better.
    I genuinely can't wait for it. Months and months of nostalgic gameplay ahead.

3. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I only got into WoW with my friend during Warlords of Draenor and Legion, would this be worth getting in too?

4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

It depends what it is about current WoW that you enjoy. Vanilla was far less gimmicky, far more of a grind but so much more rewarding too.

Gold generation is a real struggle and will be for a long time until the economy establishes itself and there's enough materials to trade. PvP was more fun back then too. No stupid PvP only armour, no extra stats to fanny around with - just tool up and go for it.

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Hours and hours spent with Master Woo-Ping... :)

6. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

The only reason I quit last time was because he quit due to other commitments. I had no one else to play with :blah:

7. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Oh my god. Only just seen about this. I played from launch for 7 years .. Fingers crossed this will be amazing!!

8. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Been reading forum posts all over the place. Seems that the patch being used to begin with 1.1.2 enhanced shaman isn't raid optimal. With the vitriol out there seems to be a case of roll resto or go home :(

9. Spud1

Spud1 What's a Dremel?

I'm looking forward to it, but also a bit nervous...very conflicted ;)

Back when I was playting wow 12 hours a day, I had time to well, play it 12 hours a day.. That meant I could spend the time building friendships, doing 4-5 hour 40 man raids to only end up killing 3 bosses, spending several weeks to do the Onyxia attunement quest chain etc. These days I have a (sort of!) life, so all of those things are going to be a lot harder to achieve...

That said, I am really looking forward to the de-noobifying of wow again. Back to talent trees that matter, tanking & dps management being a real issue, needing to use CC to stay alive rather than just skip packs etc . It could/should be amazing, but im reserving final judgement until its out.

I think it will be great though!

10. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Hmm, I played till the level cap hit 110 on and off.

I was on bladefist at first. My buddies ran a top eu guild, but the rule was no friends and they were hardcore. Though I got an odd invite to alt MC runs.

I then found my own crew and did a little of zg.

Bladefist was over populated and just before tbc there was a free migration.

Sad because my crew weren't willing to go, but glad I did as bladefist became a ghost town.

Eventually found another crew, but we weren't a full roster guild and would fill spots with from another larger crew trying to get gear for ALTs.

Was about the time where 10 man raids were the norm.

I've always liked to play utility classes so my main was my enhanced shaman and my alt was a shadowpriest. I hated healing with a passion, didn't like the stress. Though I was happy to raid heal (gotta love chain heal spamming).

I never leveled a warrior, warlock, mage or rogue in early wow.

The 10 man era was in my head the best. Both my characters were viable.

I see myself with a few choices.

Give classic a miss
    Roll my choice and chance if I'll ever get a spot
    Roll a tard / mage.

Contemplating the mage, might prove interesting.

11. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Just logged in to my Blizz account for the first time in about 6 or 7 years ..... everythings gone :( have i been hacked ???

12. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Quite probably. Blizz don't crush accounts.

Not that it matters for Classic. As I understand it, it'll be totally separate from the main servers. No interaction whatsoever, no gold transfer, no chat, no trade.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  13. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Only care about playing the Classic. I will just start a fresh an ensure i use the authentication. Rather excited about all of this.

14. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Kinda missed out on it first time round, jumped in for a spell with the Pandaren update, but didn't stick around for long. I'd be tempted, but I'm not that big on gaming any more sadly.

15. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm not going to do classic for the raids. I'm well past that now and not interested in top end gear. I'll happily do PUG dungeons, PvP etc but most of all, I'm looking forward to the journey to 60 all over again and to enjoy it. I'm not bothered how long it takes me to get there. An hour or two a couple of nights a week, so be it!

16. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Could we get together a Bit-Tech group to play? I hate playing MMO's on my own

17. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Well first up the big question is horde or alliance, I am horde for life!

18. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I'm so tempted by this.

I was playing WoW when BWL was new, and I was 16 or so. Well I'm much older now and have responsibilities other than raiding for 3 hours 4-5 days a week. The desire is there, but I don't know if the ability.

In my time playing, I was definitely most-geared during vanilla/classic with 5/8 T2 Wrath for my prot warrior, and it's a fun time to remember. I may pick it up and come to realise yet again, it was fun because of the people I played with and just having time on my account doesn't replace that.

19. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I don't have an affinity to either faction really, but I'm much more familiar with Alliance questing areas and it still gives me the warm and fuzzies running around Goldshire and Westfall doing those early quest chains I first experienced 14 years ago.

20. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I've only ever played as Alliance but don't mind trying out Horde