1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Spec check

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andersen, 19 Aug 2019.

1. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Hola crew

Need a new machine and possible new hardware is this:

[​IMG]

Anyone spot anything wonky with the hardware or do I pull the trigger? Also considering i9 9900KF for extra threads.

Need a fan controller but I'm still undecided which one it'll be. Open for suggestions, must be flat as anything with protruding bits is not gonna fit.

Two things to note: that dinky UPS is for displays and router, already got a beefy one for the actual machine itself. Also I'll transplant that GTX 1070 and GT 710 (one of my displays has only VGA as input yay) to the new machine so graphics are sorted.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2019
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I would suggest going to a matched kit of RAM than two individual ones, as they're tested to work together. Not saying that you'll have problems, but its not worth the rish of a headache.

Those Intel SSD's have quite low write tollerances, so if its a drive you've going to be dumping data onto go for the Corsair MP510 as its massive bigger.

I wouldn't worry about a fan controller, your motherboard will be able to handle it.

Yeh, why do you have 4 SATA power cables?

3. Andersen

Those are for a project I haven't mentioned. Old servers of mine need a bit of cable management.

Ah yes, of course there is that. That 1TB drive would be mostly games, any "normal" data is going to go on spinners.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'd say, if you can, go for the Corsair, as if you're like me you'll be swapping through games, and seeing as they're getting ever bigger you may burn that drive out!

5. Andersen

Methinks EVO 970 1TB instead of that Intel drive.

Fanbus and memory are still open.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  6. Andersen

Right-o.

At the moment I'm considering Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB kit and CPU's gonna be i9 9900K.

Bloody_Pete likes this.