1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

2. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

:blush: 'Tis truly an honour and a privilege to be of service to this project. *bows & scrapes profusely*

-
    -
    -

[​IMG]
    :idea:
    Actually, I've changed my mind now... can I have it back? :D (j/k)

3. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    Correct me if i am wrong, but does it appear that this waterpump hangs over the edge of the case? Will you plan on putting the cover over this case, because otehrwise from the look of that, it hangs outside a bit, may prevent the case cover from shutting. Just wondering if that is what you intended.

4. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

He said the it was supposed to be that way so that when the side is on the chrome will be flush with the plexi. In part4

5. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

Oh man, i have been try so hard to read everything, and never make the mistake of posting something that was already answered my fault. I have read every update but i must have just missed that important fact. Thanks alot :lol:

6. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

You mentioned turbulence in your reservoirs as a flow meter. I have a reservoir like yours and I had problems with turbulence. It introduces air into the lines which make the pump somewhat noisy and it doesn't cool as well, either. Just a thought. Excellent work, though, I wish I could do plexi that well.

7. ramapoughnative

ramapoughnative What's a Dremel?

G-gnome-
    I read the updates again and I still say this is so awesome. I didn't see a reply on if we could have a full photo of the unit so far if possible.. Thanks for inspiring us all!

8. QuickOrbit

QuickOrbit What's a Dremel?

Wow. :jawdrop: When I think this project can't get any better, you go and give us another update. Just 1 question, if the pump just squeezes into the case, how will you fit a motherboard and pci cards in there? Is that the final location of the pump in the picture? Please, enlighten us all on your tricksty gnome ways.

9. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

He has it all planned out. He knows that it will be exactly (6mm i think) out side of the bottom acrylic piece. He doesnt like giving things away though...

10. b_dyche

b_dyche What's a Dremel?

11. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

My bad - 'Turbulence' is probably a bad choice of words. I probably should have said 'The visible movement of water at the top of the reservoirs. I should be able to tell the pump is working because the water level in the reservoirs won't be still and dead flat.

Other factors that might contribute to turbulent air-bubbles? -

Is your res 'like' mine or is it the same res?

Is it mounted horizontal or vertical? Are the barbs on the bottom?

Is it full completely or half-way or nearly full?

Is it the highest point in your system?

I hope that my reservoirs, being the highest point in the system, will act to trap any air bubbles (air rising and all that). The vertical positioning, using two linked res, with the barbs at the bottom should help as well. That's not to say it won't happen. I'll have a play though.

This is all new to me so I have been reading a lot of water-cooling articles to try and set up a good system and layout. I'll post up the results when it's all up and running.

:)

12. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Hi QuickOrbit :)

First post of the update...
    That is the final location.

The PCI cards all fit (only the GFX and soundcard are full width, the rest are narrower).

The mobo and cards will go in before the final install of the pump and WC.

13. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

The looks of the pump are great. But what about vibrations from the pump??
    Pumps are placed a lot on rubber feet to provide getting vibrations from the pump to the case (which gives you an anoing noise).
    Will the neopreem do the same and stop the vibrations to the rest of the case??

14. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

:sigh:
    [​IMG]

So basically, identical to the pic of the HDD rack mounting above.

Totally insulated from the case with vibration absorbing rubber.

:nono: And from you as well Goldberg. :eeek: :D

15. HardModd

HardModd What's a Dremel?

im very shocked :jawdrop: over the work but still we got 3 perople on this rock who can make case design now !

G-gnome is one who can really be redisigning and modding

Mashine from Sweden / Uk is one is the designer from the beginning of nothing ! :clap: :rock:

16. stigmata

stigmata What's a Dremel?

Hi G-gnome, great work! :thumb:
    In case you decide to change your wb's in the future, why not consider italian ones? imho are the best, even better than dangerden and all the others. They're worth a try, and you will not go back!

- sorry for my english... -

17. Risky

Risky Modder

If you have information on any new block that we might not have seen do post in our BiT-tech watercooling forum

Oh and good stuff G-gnome. I'm looking forward to seeing if completed as the best planned tangle of cables ever.

Last edited: 19 Nov 2003
  18. xyzzy

xyzzy What's a Dremel?

VFD serial connection

You know that the VFD only uses pins 2,3, and 5? You don't need a 9 pin connector, but could get away with the stereo version of the 1/8" phone plugs and jacks you've been using.

19. Jonas79

Jonas79 What's a Dremel?

Re: VFD serial connection

He answered the thing about using all wires here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=410057#post410057

As he wasn't sure, he did them all :D Well, maybe he'll do it different the next time around.

20. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:
    I'm deeply sorry for not reading the log proparly. I read it fast and came to my conclusion. After re-reading it I saw it.
    And yes, it's is totally insulated from me :waah: :waah: :waah:

But my plans will be done. An ORAC, custom build with a blue theme, in G-gnome style :naughty: :naughty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.