1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Three dead tires in the space of a bank holiday weekend. Not a happy bunny. Fortunately the rest of the weekend was brilliant to make up for it.

2. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Thursday night my cat appeared to have gone missing... Still not seen Friday...

Made a Facebook post asking if anyone had seen the cat in the neighbourhood - we live in a very quiet cul de sac. Found her out on the main road by the side. She'd been hit by a car and she had a severe head trauma - well what was left of it. Someone had very kindly moved her from the middle of the road to the side so at least we were able to find her.

Soul destroying, seeing her in that way and after a couple of days in this heat, you can imagine.

Put her in a bag and took her home as just didn't want her being thrown in the bag of a van. Buried her in the front garden.

Have spent the last couple of nights having nightmares about how she looked... who knew a furry kitty could have this much effect on a person.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That's awful.

I'd been a wreck myself. I imagine it would have been quick although that's no consolation.

I really wish they'd make it the same as dogs in that it has to be reported.

It is quite amazing the effect they can have on you. Mine has me wrapped round her little paw.

Hope the nightmares about her stop, can't be nice reliving it.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'm so sorry. I've had to move a cat from the road and it was extremely upsetting. I don't think I could cope of it was one of my boys. I hope you find peace soon. I'm sure they've found a nice patch of sun in kitty heaven.

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

A few months ago my local bank branch closed. A few weeks ago my phone died and I can't afford to replace it. Now online banking has decided my password no longer works for some reason, and I can't reset the log on details since that requires sending an OTP to the dead phone. I also can't call the bank to have it reset because... :duh:

6. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Work not sending me home sick, because there's two people on my team off sick already. I have a screaming headache, like a ratchet strap around my brain, zero sleep as a result, and sobbing my eyes out in pain on the dialler.

I'm planning on walking out soon, just because it's agony

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

If your ill, just go they legally can't not allow you to if you are unwell.

Byron C likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

What he said. Although they are allowed to only pay you statutory sick pay instead of giving you "normal" sick pay (whatever "normal" means where you work).

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Not so much ruining my life, as reminding me how well my head works (not).

Many months ago I offered an Asus motherboard and Core 2 Duo to someone here who had a problem and needed something cheap. At the time I looked high and low for it, going through "all" the boxes in the loft, could not find it and had absolutely no recollection as to what I had done with it. Today, whilst looking for something unrelated and having forgotten all about it, I found a Gigabyte box, looked inside it and there was the Asus motherboard with Core 2 Duo safe in the socket...:wallbash:

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Shopping, stairs, knee pain.

I dread it :( I've dropped a 30mg codeine which will hopefully get me through it.

Thankfully I only get it once every three weeks or so. I'll pay for the codeine with constipation, but I think I prefer that to starving lol.

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

FM(car)L...
    Replacement car for DPF disaster wagon is also disaster.
    Rejected under CRA 2015, dealer wants to do warranty repair.
    May have to go the legal route, oh joy.
    Petrol engine turned '2 stroke' VAG 1.8 TSI. Has well documented oil gobbling fault, 4L in 2 weeks.
    Thursday night son's recently repaired Polo broke down on M3 on the way from Thorpe Park, road rescue with recovery saved the night.
    Missed the bus to work by 20 sec, and may miss my connection.
    Reliable car please. /rant

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

First day back at work. Already tired. Already have a headache. Yay.

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Heard back from one company re PPI - never had it

Another company says they'll get back to me within 8 weeks... Not expecting anything.

It has left me with that feeling you get playing the lottery. Hey ho, at least in know.

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I've had various companies ring me claiming I have a PPI claim, for that though I would have had to have a "credit product" which I've not, they don't seem to care an want me to get checked etc. Urgh

Mine, office is cold air con is on full chat, an the diesel generators have kicked in probably a test so now the office stinks of diesel.

adidan likes this.
  15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

PPI payed for a 1/3 of my Harley :rock:

adidan and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  16. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *ahem* sorry, needed that.

TLDR: Life.

Home life is so hectic with two small hoomans that there's only time for the basics (i.e. dress, feed, sleep; me included) during the week, and all SWMBO wants to do at the weekend is either have "family time" i.e. days out or ignore the chidlers and do her own thing (because she's had them "All Week (tm)"); if I want to get anything done, including things that need to be done (i.e. housework) I have to sacrifice sleep. My PC hasn't been used (by me) for almost 6 months, but gets used by the SWMBO's work; which i am expected to provide tech support for (with no time, no funds and no pay).

Work life is mental/highly stressful; management wont let us do things properly, but keep telling us to "take the initiative", "lead", and "make the role what you want of it"; and then knock you down and deny your request/suggestions, with no reasoning that doesn't smack of "i didn't think of it, so we cant do that". To the point where a significant portion (>80%) of the work done by a team of 30-40 engineers for the year will have to be re-done in the new-year... oh, and i moved jobs for this.

Oh, and i pulled my back leaning over to dress the smallest money/time-sink, and i get the sulks from SWMBO if i even make a sound of pain in the course of battling the electrified-octopus that is the smallest when changing a nappy; but yet have to listen and sympathise with her whenever she mentions that she's tired (often), or that her back/shoulders hurt because she's spent too long sat poorly in front of her computer, and that the rug-rats have been annoying and clingy and demanding all day (ignoring that its probably because shes been sat in front of the PC rather than looking after them...).

/rant

*breathe*

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Having a GDPR & DPA conversation with human resources @ work, it's either going to be life ruining or not, final bets aren't in yet.

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well I am no longer on holiday, at work 9am tomorrow. Booooooooo.

19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

AMD drivers causing crashes while benchmarking. This is going to be a long day

20. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Check short. Jump through hoops to turn in paperwork to permanently fix check. Paperwork approved.

Check still short. I'm fscked.