1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Roman 'der8auer' Hartung releases Ryzen 3000 boost clock survey results

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 3 Sep 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"Noted overclocked" -> "overclocker"

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'll go fix, ta!

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

^^That^^ for me is the key question, it's not that 100Mhz makes any real-world difference in performance so much as it's that if you're going to say the equivalent of an "up to" speed then you expect it to achieve what's written on the box.

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Looks like after loads of people have wasted hours of testing on Ryzen boost behavior AMD have made an announcement.

6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

At least they're actually fixing things.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

For sure and i didn't mean what i said to come across like that, sorry. If it wasn't for their work it may have been ignored, it was more directed at AMD and how they could've saved people a lot of effort trying to work out what was going on if they'd made that announcement a bit sooner, i suspect they've been aware of it for quiet sometime.

8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

This is the typical AMD approach though. It's what they did with the SPECTRE vulnerabilities. So far it's worked well for them, but as they become more popular again, they'll be scrutinized harder and won't be able to stay quiet.

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

If you have an R&D department that consists of one broken down tractor and a QA department comprising three bottle caps you will inevitably miss some issues...

Hopefully they'll invest the Zen money to create all the jobs again that they abolished to stay afloat in Bullflop era.

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Cheers for that - I've added it to the article.

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

There's also a date for this update, don't have a reference but saw it earlier today, September 10th.

12. Gareth Halfacree

It's in AMD's tweet - but note that they'll say only that they'll 'provide an update on September 10 to the community regarding the availability of the BIOS,' not that the BIOS will actually be available then.

yuusou likes this.
  13. Monkfish

Monkfish What's a Dremel?

:clap:Great work!! It is so important that the community continues to vigorously check industry claims and hold them to account. Keep up the good work.

Corky42 likes this.
Tags: Add Tags