1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Raspberry Pi 4 4gb decent desktop experience?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KayinBlack, 30 Aug 2019.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I had to sell almost all my hardware here recently for bill money. I have a PS4 for gaming AAA, but for emulators and such (up to PSP) would a Pi 4 4gb be a worthwhile setup? If I do it, I'm strapping that tower cooler to it in passive mode and OCing it to 2 Ghz because reasons.

Is this a viable option? I don't want Windows, don't want to stretch to something like an AtomicPi. Just want a decent typing/emulator machine.

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Should be more than enough with EmulationStation / RetroPi for up to Playstation I believe.

Getting your hands on a 4GB version however is another matter. I believe they're sold out pretty much everywhere still.

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Thankfully I'm not ready to start on this project just yet. Mostly information gathering at the moment.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yeh, I had to nab mine from some friends who run a pi store! New stock should be coming in Sept in the UK though.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Kayin is in Alurbama yelluh hammah though, just check the respective US stores listed on the pi website.

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I know, but I only know whats happening in the Uk :)