1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by iancowell, 9 Aug 2016.

1. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

The buried tech things for your base sell for a good amount. Seems a bit imba compared to other non refined items. This is the first time I've played it, so I think it is awesome after all these major updates.

2. oscy

oscy Modder

Can anyone copy/paste their TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS contents?

My game's been stuttering quite a bit but the solutions talk about adjusting lines that aren't even there.

3. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I have not been at my PC but I will next chance I get

4. oscy

oscy Modder

Don't worry, it doesn't matter now. Deleting it generates a new one, but I had been looking at the folder where my first standalone game was, but now I'm using GOG Galaxy so it's in a different folder.

5. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

Wait til you find Ancient Bones or Salvageable Scrap planets, Kerching,

after that its off to the activated indium farms, i wont spoil it by telling you how but when you get there......MONEH!

kind of bored now i have everything....guess i am not that much of an explorer.

ahh havent ridden animals yet. thats tonights plan.

tried to quote n17 dizzi but failed.

6. oscy

oscy Modder

I spent too long last night going back and forth to get tritium to turn into deuterium to turn both into friagte fuel. I spent my money on frigates and bah gawd I'm gonna fuel them up with 500 fuel for at least 1 journey.

There wasn't rreally anything to spend it on anyway. I'm not getting a new ship as, while mine is small, it already had all the hyperdrives and other tech from week 1 years ago, and anything notably bigger is crazy money.

I'm just trying to go through the missions now without getting distracted, then maybe I'll explore a bit more, then that'll be me good for another few years.

7. oscy

oscy Modder

Ugh, I think I've tried all the 'fixes' but I still get the odd occasion where it freezes and then slows down until I turns shadows down, and still it'll eventuall freeze completely. Not every time, but often enough after a while. And this is with a 980 TI.

8. oscy

oscy Modder

That's me done for another few years. Now I've played about 100 hours of it in total.

I did the story missions. It was better than launch week 1 (when portals didn't even work let alone have a story attached to them) and it's nice to see Polo and Nada have upgraded their space station big time... I suspect all the people there who don't say anything new will end up doing something in later updates.

Still an anticlimactic ending. It's like cutscenes are missing, and there's certainly no closure. I guess it was kinda pointless but oh well. It was great how meta it was and was based on real life. (Particularly trying to meet up with the other guy and you're in the same spot but can't see each other!)

I stopped not long after finishing the 'story' as I think I've seen everything. It's hard to remember how it was in week 1, other than my ship always conveniently launching straight into orbit from lift off. In my head there was more variety in planets back then, I still remember specific planets and my adventures on them from 2016, but now thanks to the internet I know planets are quite samey and have a handful of categories and I think I've seen them all.

I have a big fleet of frigates now. Those freighter missions made me rich quick so now I have over 100m units but nothing to really spend it on. I kinda wanna do like in X3, invade an AI-controlled sector with my fleet and have an epic space battle.

Turns out the stuttering and freezing was from the memory used starting at 5.5GB, and my GPU is 6GB. I never thought this game would be so demanding today.

9. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Woah!

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

My musical talent extends to slapping a triangle..... I'm not sure the update is gonna be good for me :D

11. oscy

oscy Modder

Most random update ever.

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Why do I want my space exploration game to have a dance eJay feature???

13. Hex

Oooh! SquidShips!

14. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Same reason people use Warframe as an obtuse multichannel sequencer, I guess.

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

It looks like there are more things being put back in from what we saw in the early trailers:

When this comes through I think I shall be doing my usual and having a look at what's going on again.

16. Hex

I got back into NMS with the Companions update and actually completed quest lines which I don't think I've ever done before in NMS. I usually play it for a while and then get distracted by another game. But I got so into it this time! Then Expeditions came out and I'm still working on that mode. I did all the rendezvous points pretty quickly so I could go off exploring. I really like seeing other players, but the messages and bases at rendezvous points made it chug along so badly I turned multiplayer off. Now I'm a couple of systems out from the main Rendezvous route I still see bases, but it's not as busy. The Twitch drops were pretty great too! I finally have a load of stuff I'd been saving QuickSilver for, so that's nice! Also found a new chill stream to watch through the drops.

For Expedition Mode, you start a new save, choose Expeditiion and you start in the same place as everyone else. Probably not the best mode for someone new to the game as you start with some items already and don't have any tutorials. This season is 2 months long and started a week ago. Most of it isn't that hard and the main reward unlocks are available to you on all saves (same as the twitch drops). Once the season is over, or when you've completed the Expeditiion, it reverts to a regular save and you can continue to explore if you wish to. I've heard it compared to "Diablo seasons" a lot, but I know nothing about those. It reminded me a lot of the Leagues that Old School RuneScape does. The next Expeditiion will need quite a lot of changes, being able to toggle other people's bases and communications stations without having to turn off multiplayer is a BIG one. They're also going to have to find more rewards as a lot of these ones were already in the game, albeit with new skins. I like it though, it's been fun and actually seeing other people in the universe has been great! Lots of people helping each other too, there's a LOT of farms set up for people to get the harvesting achievement.

I do wish they'd either released this at the same time as Companions, or waited a bit because I really want to get back to my Companions save, but on Expedition I have an almost maxed out Exo-suit, an S-class multi-tool and an S-class ship! My Freighter's only B-class cos I gave up trying to get a good one, it was taking too long! It does look like a giant black & orange cheesybob though! :lol:

I guess let's do some catch-up on this thread so it's all in one place!

Companions Trailer

Expeditions Trailer

17. Almightyrastus

I am going to try getting back onto NMS this weekend. I grabbed all the Twitch drops last weekend so I have 5 A-Class ships that I can grab and have a play around with (an explorer, 2 fighters, a hauler, and a shuttle, and they all come with full tech slots already unlocked), there were also a bunch of A-class multi-tools in the drops as well as some of the quicksilver-earned helmets and some other bits and pieces. I am thinking that I might just start fresh and just causally bumble around on creative mode so that I can pick up and put down without worrying about having to get something done (have to be ready to look after my wife if she needs stuff). The new expedition stuff does look good though and the rewards in that can be carried over to other saves so even though you must start a new save to begin it, if you have a much older, longer, main save you can still use the rewards in that.

Hex likes this.
  18. Almightyrastus

Hi everyone. Quick question for you. Anyone know how to cancel and restart a mission (on PC)?

I am working my way through the base construction bits and pieces and my weapons guy wants me to go poke some sentinels by blowing up one of the depot structures. This I have duly done.

However, with this not being my first rodeo and foray into blowing these up and dealing with the resulting s-storm that follows, I went in and strafed the site with my ship, easy couple of blasts here and there and job done. However, it seems that the mission was only going to count if I went in on foot and used the Boltcaster in my multitool to do the job. Now the depot is all broken and spitzensparken but the mission has not updated.

I have had a nosey around on boards and stuff and they are all saying that the middle mouse button can be used to cancel a mission and start again, it seems that this is not the case here and now I am stuck with a map marker pointing to the depot that is destroyed and no way of destroying it again or getting a new location to go whack.

Any thoughts?

/*edit*/ One thing that did cross my mind was it resetting or the depot respawning over time, however, it has been a week since it went splodey and it is still the same.

19. Hex

Had the exact same thing happen to me. Apparently it happens if you blow one up before you get close enough in your ship to get the "destination reached" or whatever pop up. I definitely managed to fix it. I can't quite remember how, but I either just flew away from that planet and warp-drived for a bit, then came back. Or I jumped systems and back. Or, maybe I used a teleporter to go back and forth? It was something like that anyway, it does fix it and just leaves the one the game didn't recognise as being part of the mission, you can blow that up and then just scoot around the planet until the sentinels give up searching. Or fly into space and deal with them there!

For the 'middle-mouse button' or RS reset, you need to go to a different system. Then when you look at your quest log it will say something like "In another galaxy" and give you the option to reset it. Not sure it applies to the bounties though.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  20. Almightyrastus

Yeah, that is what I have been trying. I have given up on doing that at the moment and have been finishing off the Apollo / Artemis path as well as the Atlas stuff. I figure that if I can make my way a good part across the galaxy for long enough then there may well be a chance that time and distance will fix things a little. The troublesome mission has not had the little red swirly thing pop up that lets you do the middle button cancel thing like another mission has once I got far enough away, but hey we shall see what happens.

I have been playing on the creative mode so sentinels really don't do much of anything at all, had a couple of the dog versions pop up when I blew the doors of a facility and they just stood there doing nothing. Actually been enjoying the whole easy make anything, no resources needed thing quite a bit. The thing that was putting me off playing is that i needed to do something and that meant hours of searching to find the one obscure bit that I needed to make something else that I needed to make another bit that made the bit that I needed to make the end thing (and on and on and on). This way I can actually see the story and enjoy the flying around and finding stuff.

Hex likes this.