1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 27 Mar 2019.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's finally that time. We have a teaser today and more info tomorrow from PAX East (18:00 GMT)

There's a SHiFT code in the trailer also some braille and morse code.

SHiFT code for the Salvador Community Day skin (BL2) + 5 golden keys:
    C35TB-WS6ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H

Morse Code: Count the Sirens

Braille: LIKE, FOLLOW AND OBEY

site | twitter | facebook | youtube | Instagram | discord

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Even though I have been waiting for years, I AM NOT READY.

Laptop is being sold, I have no PC... and even if I did, I don't have the time to burn the entire weekend in a 30 hour session like I did when BL2 was released!!

LennyRhys and Hex like this.
  3. Hex

Now people can shut up about the "if it's a BR game..."

More info is coming on Wednesday (April the 3rd 2019).

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Looks amazing, and that's mostly just the [cinematic] trailer footage. Will be great when we get to see more in-depth actual gameplay footage, after what we saw of the improved rendering at GDC 2017 (exactly two years ago now). Working for a game studio myself, a whole lot can change in two years, so I think we're in for a real treat. :)

Hex likes this.
  5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I know a lot of the key talent that made BL2 so good left Gearbox in the past few years... and I fear it's showing.

I will wait till we see more, but that trailer didn't rustle my jimmies anywhere near as much as the "joypuke" one did for BL2. A LOT of the locations look very samey (Dust, Tundra, Opportunity at night, generic bandit town, jungle from Big Game Hunt etc), and the new playable characters don't have the same immediate "character" of the likes of Salvador and Zer0.

I hope there is some story re-cap for those of us who haven't played TFTB, too.

But Brick playing sax was cool?

6. Hex

Mikey (Neumann) didn't have a lot of choice about leaving (health reasons) :( But they did get him back to help out with that reveal trailer, which is nice :) I noticed David Eddings' Twitter bio now has "original voice of Claptrap" as it does look like we still have Claptrap and after Eddings' very public fall out with Gearbox he's no longer there! [Just found out today that Jim Foronda is the new voice of Claptrap! This is great news as I'm a big fan of his and he did great in Battleborn.] Anthony Burch leaving is probably going to have the biggest impact, but we have to remember half the Internet absolute despises him these days anyway /shrug

I have to say I loved the trailer, it got me really excited for the game, I think most fans don't want too much innovation, we just want more Borderlands! (and guns with legs)

[EDIT: I just realised you said the "immediate character of Salvador and Zer0"... they were the most forgettable in my opinion :hehe: I played as them for the least amount of time, they just did nothing for me. I'm definitely eyeing up Moze (the Bot Jock) or FL4K (The Beast Master), they both look pretty neat. Also, the Hunter class/Beast Master is non-binary... sounds a bit familiar, eh Bloodhound?]

7. Hex

Launch date is Friday the 13th of September 2019 on XB1, PS4 and EGS (PC). The Epic Game Store exclusivity is timed and will be for 6 months. So expect it to hit Steam in mid-March 2020.

Gameplay reveal is on Wednesday the 1st of May 2019.

Also the tweet from Randy Pitchford and the Xbox pre-order page seem(s) to say it's cross-platform co-op! At least for Xbox and PC, can never be sure with PS4! This is great news for me.
    [EDIT - Xbox have now removed that tag. 2k have said it is not confirmed, but is something they are working on. Which sounds very much like "we have the tech ready to flip the 'on' switch, but we're ironing out the fine print".]

--

I'm considering not getting it on PC just so I can get it on Steam. Not for any anti-EGS reasons, just that thanks to all the sales I have all the games and the DLC on Steam already and it's where all the achievements live. Also cloud saves are pretty important for Borderlands to me, as it's a franchise I often revisit as the years go by. It's a week before my birthday this time, but I might still get it on Xbox as a birthday present to myself.

8. Hex

That livestream reveal... OMG. I am really quite hyped for this game now. They appear to have been watching lots of other games, seeing everything that's being asked and taking their time to make something amazing. Bravo!

9. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I haven’t watched any trailers or read any previews. I’m not going to as I know I’m getting it either way and I prefer no spoilers.

I’m not getting it until it’s in Steam. I want less game launchers not more. It’s not that I’m even being particularly loyal to Steam, more that I already have the rest on it and my OCD likes them all together. So I’m possibly going to wait for the GOTY edition later in the life cycle.

If they hadn’t gone with the EGS exclusive I’d have bought launch at full RRP instead of knock down GOTY pricing. I wonder how much the EGS exclusive will actually help their bottom line.

The launchers should be competing in who offers the best purchase price not doing anti competitive exclusives.

Excited for the game but not so much that I can be bothered with another launcher so I guess that says something.

10. Hex

I absolutely adore this trailer, but it does mean I have this song stuck in my head forever now!

Digi likes this.
  11. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I can't wait to play this. Only release this year that I'm actually feeling a bit excited for. Loving the updates to the movement and co-op flexibility. I play BL2 with my boy and have played through the lead-up DLC they released recently which was a great little additional bit of free content. They're doing everything right to get my cash so far.

Hex likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah I can't wait for this either. DLC in BL2 was good also and leads it perfectly into BL3.

13. Hex

It's been confirmed by Gearbox now that BL3 won't have cross-play at launch :waah: However, they are working on bringing it to as many platforms as possible but won't confirm when that will be or which platforms. It's pretty obviously going to be Xbox as they had 'cross-platform play' in the tags on their store page for BL3. Would put money on Sony holding this up. As usual :rollingeyes: Such as shame as I'd really hoped to get it on Xbox first, but my friends want to stream it at launch and will be on PC. At least I can buy it on Humble and not actually have to use the Epic Game Store. No politics involved in that statement, it's just Epic (like PlayStation) only very technically use PayPal. I have one small job I do pay into a PayPal account and use that for gaming. Epic/Sony take money from my bank account if I use PayPal as they refuse to use the PayPal balance :eyebrow:

14. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

Likewise. My Steam library is pretty much consisting of cut price sales games. Mid-March? and Cyberpunk in April (this will be my very rare pre-release purchase), perfect timing to escape from Britain burning to the ground by then.

15. Vault-Tec

TBH I wouldn't want to play it on my Xb1x or my PS4. It's one of those games that rejoices on a high refresh rate/high FPS and the action is sometimes very frantic so I like using my mouse on it. It's one of the very few games I still play on PC.

16. Hex

I'm not lucky enough to have a high-end PC and I'm far too broke to be upgrading so don't have a PC that's up to high framerates, my monitor is my TV and I always play with controller anyway as kbm hurts my hands so much. Ideally I'd get it on Xbox at launch, then on Steam in a couple of years when it's in sales just so I can keep it with all the other Borderlands titles I own. Buying it twice on PC (eventually) is not fantastic.

17. Hex

There have been about a million Borderlands 3 videos (the Bandit adverts I saw all over Instagram were pretty fun) and some content creators have been streaming it for the past couple of days, which I've tried to avoid as much as I can. But here's the Official Launch Trailer, not long to go now! Oh yeah, you can preload it now if you've bought it.

18. Vault-Tec

Got mine a minute ago, installing now. Got a free plastic mask so that was cool and some gold weapon skins.

I got it for the xb1x. Mostly for sofa, but 65" TV had a say in that also. Bought a 1 year live sub so I'm pretty much ready to go :)

19. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Really in 2 minds on this...

I put close to 1000 hours between BL1 and BL2, but only 25-30 hours into TPS. I love the universe as a whole, and it's characters, but really not liking the look of the new vault hunters and the changes to action skills/skill trees (I spent a while on the skill tree calculators, but just couldn't come up with a build that I really liked the look of). Also not a fan of the new main bad guys, or the whole "satire of streaming culture" they are based on.

Also REALLY not liked Gearbox's conduct through this launch, including limiting reviewers because of "security concerns" and using non-retail code.

I don't have anything to play it on for now anyways, so it's probably for the best. We'll see what the situation is in 6 months time, I guess!

20. Vault-Tec

It's bloody brilliant.

Six hours in total yesterday. At first you notice small graphical improvements but then as you get into combat you start seeing all of the new effects, explosions and light shows from the amazing weapons. It really is gorgeous.

Love the new ideas. My buddy picked the guy with the pet skags, I went for the girl with the mech suit.

The only fault I can find (xb version) is the driving is awkward and takes a while to get used to. That's it though. Other than that this is the best game of the year for me after many disappointments.

Weekly_Estimate and LennyRhys like this.