1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Not really a problem per Se, especially compared to my other problems at the moment, but Amazon

ordered a 2tb SSD off there on the 10th, and it came up as 'Shipped' that day but they didnt provide any tracking details
    fast forward to the 20th, and they update it saying 'dispatched' and provide a tracking number, today i check where the order is, and its still 'dispatched' so i follow the Traking number to UPS where it says they havent been given the package just 'Label Created' which was created on the 20th, but they haven't received the package yet

not yet able to request a refund as they estimated it would be here by Monday and you have to wait 3 days after the estimated delivery date to request a refund, and i cant cancel it because apparently it has been shipped

Looking at their recent history, this is a VERY common problem, claiming orders have shipped when they havent >_<
    i sent an email asking 'where is my stuff' and hopefully they can get back to me and i will just go back to buying stuff from Scan / Overclockers

Update on this, rather than refund my money, they promiced to get it to me by Wednesday / Thursday and sent me a £10 'goodwill' payment

Last edited: 1 Oct 2019
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Probably. But they're of massively varying quality, according to the reviews I've seen.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

:sigh: So ****ing fed up and depressed. Had to put up with 9 months of this **** after the first op, 2 months after the 2nd and recovery is stalling hard, don't want to go back on opiates as it's full on ****. Work are being dicks, I know it's not ideal but they're acting like I enjoy being poor and coming back to a load of **** after having a day off. I don't know how much more I can take.

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I've been waiting over a month now for VPN access to a customer I've been working with pretty much every day.
    Today it took almost 3 hours to get one of my colleagues help me gain access to the customer's network.

It's past 02:30 (EST), the work I had to do is now 30 minutes out of the change window with no end in sight.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I have to have an iPhone for this new employer because they have their own apps that're iOS only.

Which means two phones. Which means some fruitless searching for a dual-phone case that allows for some future changing of one or both phones.

Which then means I'll want to buy a sewing machine so I can make my own phone case carrier.

Where did I leave that 'first world problems' tag..

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Needs an iPhone...
    Fruitless search...

Well played, mate.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Needing to change my dosage of Sertraline, and the way it is ripping my insides to pieces but rendering me too dizzy to be confident of making it to the little boys room.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

How much are you taking? Gotta say it didn't help my IBS any....

9. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Sertraline + sustained coffee input may explain a tendency to 'get the trots'... for me, on occasions. o_O

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

100mg.

11. Vault-Tec

I was on 200mg a day after my attempt at starving myself in the USA when I split with my first wife.

Lit me up like a firework lol. Can't take it any more makes me too manic. Which was fun for me but no one else hahaha.

Edit. Yeah 100 is pretty high man. It's a great AD though.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I was fine (physically not head wise) @ 25 & 50, but the jump to 100 is hollowing me out, I'll give it a week to adjust, before calling uncle.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I cut my coffee fix right down, from 8 cups a day to 6 a week a whiles back.

14. Vault-Tec

My luck with ES Xeons finally came to an end lol.

Alienware is having none of this 16 core. Brain into overdrive to overcome this problem now, as I don't think the 14 core will work in here either.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Kissed goodbye to the classic HP TouchPad today:

hptouchpad.jpg
    Caught it before the LiPo pillow actually cracked the screen, but I don't think I'mma have much luck finding a replacement battery these days.

Anyone need a TouchPad display module or USB board?

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Please will you do a feature where you do all the things to the battery it tells you not to?

17. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Only if you front for the insurance... :D

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

And so the saga continues. Still been in pain, can't even sit at the dining table for more than 15 minutes without it hurting. Last night my scar started bleeding a little so been to see the docs this morning. Doctor says it feels like I have a "collection" under the skin. Could be pockets of trapped fluid, blood clots, sutures that haven't dissolved, but can't tell. Have been referred for a scan. Got antibiotics to prevent any infection and a fist full of cocodamol. Now booked in to see the surgeon again next Wednesday. Stay tuned for next week's episode where I'll be spontaneously combusting.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator