1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It looks cool in pictures, but I'll wait until I can see one in person before I decide whether to acquire one and un-smurf it.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Being a Bandai product, there should be scope to take it apart, I certainly hope so.

It's going to work fine as is for me as my primaris army is all Ultramarine anyway, but I would like to look at adding in some extra details and bits and pieces and being able to take it apart will certainly help with that. I would have loved for it to come as a kit, something like a decent grade Gundam kit (A PG Space Marine kit..... drooooool). I wonder if there will be any additional parts, weapons and such.

3. liratheal

IIRC there was a knife shown at something like Adepticon or some American convention, but I don't know at what stage in development that was - This was back when the Funko Pop models were also being shown pre-release. I think.

Also, Inceptors can eat a massive bag of arseholes. So many mould lines, so awkward to pose, they're easily my least favourite SM model at the moment. With other new SM stuff there seems to have been some attempt to put mould lines either somewhere easy to tidy up or somewhere easy to hide. All that seems to have been forgotten when doing the Inceptor sprue.

But, aside from bases (Necromunda 40mm bases.. The flying bases can eat my ass, those looked awful and never made it out of the store), my three are now complete;

[​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  4. Almightyrastus

When I get around to getting my 2 squads of those sorted, I think I shall be buying some alternative bases...

[​IMG]

5. liratheal

Yup, those are infinitely better than the trash flying stands that you're meant to either glue or balance them on. Not even anywhere to hide the fact they're glued onto the stand, either. Utter garbage.

6. Almightyrastus

Yup, I'd have been content with the old post up the crotch design over what they went for, the contact point is tiny. Even using a good solvent adhesive and literally melting and welding the parts together isn't strong enough.

It was a nice idea to go for something with a bit more style and action to it, but badly done. Another design done without asking an engineer... ;-)

liratheal likes this.
  7. Almightyrastus

So the ordering and availability for the Marine action figure has been shown on the community page.

Limited to 9000 units and going up for pre-order tomorrow (5/10/19) until the 2nd of November or until they are sold out. No word on price as yet, but people are expecting around the £85 mark. Once ordered, it is expected to arrive around may to august next year.... Not impressed.

Also no word on order quantity limits either, so we are likely going to be looking at them selling out in a matter of hours with people ordering 5 or more of them to put them on ebay at hugely increased ar£$"&le prices like the greedy scalping b&£%"^ds that they are... Seriously not impressed.

So it seems that what we are looking at is nothing more than a re-termed Kickstarter... There would never be any doubt that these will sell, but yet again, all that they will do is fill up the secondary market at vastly inflated prices. And yes, I am P%££"d at this as this information has arrived right when it is too late for me to be able to budget for an order, if we had known this a month ago then no worries, I could have allowed for it and put an order in, now no chance.

Honestly, I don't know I still bother :(

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I am hoping that I'll get the chance to order one tomorrow morning. Just for the sake of having one. I do hope to re-paint it in the future as I just don't like the smurf colour scheme.

It does seem odd that they are doing a limited run of 9,000 units. Hell, make the 9,000 and then release more. People will buy this stuff. Hell, give me a Terminator with an assault cannon in that scale and I am ALL over it!

Pete J likes this.
  9. liratheal

Once I saw it was limited run, I decided I didn't care anymore.

It's going to sell out to, presumably, mostly to scalpers that'll slap them on ebay at 300% markup.

I'd rather make my own.

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

^ same the moment i saw it was limited i had flashbacks to the 'Solar War' where people literally purchased 8 or 9 and stuffed them straight onto ebay for £250 EACH
    they REALLY made a fortune
    if i really want one, once i get a Resin Printer, i will just Scale one up and print it ( which i was planning to do for some Statues )

liratheal likes this.
  11. Almightyrastus

They have already (maybe accidentally) said that there will be more:
    [​IMG]

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Well, I ordered mine yesterday anyway as soon as the pre-order went up... Now I just have to wait 269-ish days...

liratheal likes this.
  13. liratheal

If they make an unpainted one, as they did with the Funko things, then I'll be thinking about ordering one again.

Curiously still showing as 'in stock' in the German webstore.

14. lilgoth89

Saw a pair of Ebay listings go up, then go down, one showing 5 in stock, the other showing 3 in stock, both around the £150 each mark

Let the Scalping begin

few more just hit the site at £80

15. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Who buys a preorder item using ebay? surely there's no protection for the buyer with something thats almost a year away?

Even more stupid considering they're still for sale directly from GW!

16. liratheal

Some people buy everything from eBay.

I check a lot of things on eBay and I routinely find things new from a more trustworthy source for less than eBay. I think a lot of people have the mentality that they need that item and don't even try looking around. Same reason I've had numerous items bid over their buy it now price.

17. lilgoth89

decided to splash out on a kight Lancer from FW and its... Poor

the big hollow shield section is just bent all out of shape, and ive spend 20 mins heating it in hot water and trying to straighten it
    the lance shaft ( hehe ) was also about 20 degrees from straight, and the canopy is also noticeably warped

really starting to see why people like Chinacast if this is how the OFFICAL models are, my Chinacast Magera's all arrived perfectly, only needing a trim where the gates attach

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Not worth contacting FW directly and showing how poor they are and requesting new pieces?
    I've heard of good things about their customer support, but can't speak from personal experience.

liratheal likes this.
  19. liratheal

Aye. Chinese recasts are often a little less warped, but their resins seem to often be a little more resistant to bending when heated, and either tear or break entirely.

That said, because their casts are more rigid to begin with..

Ridgewood support is pretty good. Usually email them and say something is formed up and send them a picture and they sort it out.

Not used it for a few years now but I doubt it's changed much.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

What Naloac said. My friend had a small issue with a Forgeworld model and they sent him a replacement part immediately. If the parts you're trying to fix are still not right, get them to send you replacements!