1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Engineer fixed our broadband today! so no more dropping out every 5 minutes!

Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The fact that I don't have to travel across smelly old London today. TBF the morning journey to the ExCeL centre was pretty easy the last two days, but Prince Regent to Paddington Underground and then on to Cardiff was a bit of a slog (DLR => Jubilee => Bakerloo => National Rail).

Although I am catching a bus in to the office this morning, and tbh a 45-minute trip on Cardiff Bus is almost as excruciating as any tube journey. (In case it's not obvious I hate using the tube. It's an amazing public transport infrastructure which is rivalled by very few others across the world... but that doesn't mean I have to like using the f'ing thing.)

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Lmao are you clairvoyant?

I'm gonna need a bigger box.....

So yeah before the upgrade happens I'm going to need to fill the box up more.

Which is a bummer but does make me happy.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

"No, fork handles, handles for forks."
    [​IMG]

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Had a short ride in a colleague's new Tesla Model 3 Performance this lunchtime.

TL;DR - :eeek::jawdrop::rock:

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

7. Weekly_Estimate

Story time

My ex was bringing the kids to me as she generally does on a Friday to have for the weekend, however, they walked across my neighbours driveway, he came out having a good old go at my ex partner and kids, she apologised, “it’s generally delivery drivers that take the flack” but this wasn’t enough for this special kind of fruit loop. He started shouting at her and threatening her.

I heard the commotion and went out to confront him, like the coward he is, he ran in doors and grabbed a knife, struggled with his wife at the door cutting himself to pieces, knocking her over in the process. Then proceeded to bang on my front windows leaving blood marks all over my windows.

He’s just been jailed for 12 months… and a eviction is in process! so for 5 minutes of chaos he's repaying it with a year of his life in the cells and the only one who got hurt was himself.

Result!?

Last edited: 4 Oct 2019
  8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sweet zombie Jesus. That's... yeah, there's a thing that happened.

9. Weekly_Estimate

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

11. Gareth Halfacree

12. Vault-Tec

Jesus fried chicken he sounds like a proper nut case.

13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Wouldn't put it past his Mrs to file for divorce...

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

What a nutbar! Glad no-one else got hurt.

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

dbrand customer service.

The dbrand Grip case I bought for my son's Oneplus 6T started to come apart after around 6 months use, so I emailed them. They replied within a day and asked for some photos, so I sent some, tonight. They replied, saying they'd ship out a replacement asap, THREE MINUTES LATER.

Colour me impressed.

16. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

...Taking 18 kids down a 600yo mine at 7pm and bringing them up again at 10am. I know sleeping underground in a cold damp hole wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but it was AWESOME. #Scouts

IanW, Vault-Tec, Fingers66 and 3 others like this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You wouldn't get me down there at all, let alone stay down overnight. I grew-up on the Mendips where caving is popular, nearest one only half a mile away, Swildon's Hole. Tried caving once, claustrophobia kicked in almost immediately and badly.

18. David

I was a coal miner - sleeping 1000ft underground was practically de rigueur :lol:

19. Vault-Tec

Just got my dreaded 6 monthly waste water bill. And it's kinda put things into perspective. I'm on a meter now. My 6 monthly bill for water in was £28 or so. It used to be £90 a year.

However my waste water bill used to be £280 a year. I called to protest and explained it was a 1 bed flat with just me in it but they didn't care. Overall I was paying more per year than my mother pays on her 3 bed house. It was extortion.

I now realise it was because of square feet. Lesson learned high ceilings are ****. You can't do anything extra with them unless you're a high jumper.

Any way long story short it was £41 for six months. So £82 a year down from £280.

Another lesson learned, always rent what you need, not what you want.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  20. David

I sold off my Synology DS918+ and built my own server/NAS box based around a H77 ITX board with a 3770T in a IW-MS04 mini server chassis I had gathering dust in the garage. The Asus H77i mobo has six SATA ports too, which means I can use two SSDs for caching. :)

It is currently rebuilding an Unraid array four feet away and I can barely hear it. The DS918+ in the same place with additional anti-vibration matting and sound dampening sounded like a bloody drum solo with any HDD access at all, never mind anything disk-intensive.