1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I am so excited!! Found a use for my little PyPortal, it's sitting on my desk, counting down the minutes! (Don't panic, I took this photo a little while ago!)
    [​IMG]

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Sat waiting for it to unpack :miffed:

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Downloading the 79GB base game right now, Will skip the DLC for the time being. Sure it will be in the Steam Winter sales :thumb:

Sam

4. Hex

Patch notes are up!
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/48198

Short version: EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED!
    Longer version:

Patch Notes 2.6.0.1

Systems

Finishers added
    PvE damage numbers display
    PvE difficulty tuning

Sandbox

Buffs to Nightstalker Way of the Pathfinder (Bottom)
    Buffs to Sentinel Code of the Protector (Top)
    Buffs to Sentinel Code of the Aggressor (Bottom)
    Buffs to Voidwalker Attunement of Hunger (Bottom)
    Buffs to Dawnblade Attunement of Grace

Nerfs to Nightstalker Way of the Trapper (Top)
    Nerfs to Nightstalker Way of the Wraith (Middle)

Glimmer

Players can now store up to 250,000 Glimmer!
    Passive Glimmer gain on kill has been reduced
    Weekly bounties award a large amount of Glimmer in addition to their other rewards

Xûr

Xûr’s inventory pool and Fated Engram now include world-drop Exotics from Year 2

Progression

The Power bands for Season 8 are as follows
    • Floor: 750
    • Soft Cap: 900
      • All drops up to this point will be upgrades to the most powerful item in your inventory or vault
      • Beyond this point, only powerful and pinnacle rewards will increase a player’s Power
    • Powerful Cap: 950
      • All non-powerful/pinnacle rewards are capped at 950
      • Pinnacle rewards are the only way to raise Power above this point
      • Powerful rewards are equivalent to the character’s highest-equippable Power beyond this point
    • Pinnacle Cap: 960
    And so much more I can't type it all out!

5. Hex

So glad I have it installed on an SSD, unpacking is apparently going to take 5hrs... yay...

6. samkiller42

So, Did i just start playing Destiny, As in, The first game?

Sam

7. Hex

New Light? I believe it does start with the very first part of Destiny 1.

I wouldn't know though because by the time Steam unpacked everything for me, all the issues had started and I got Beaver errors until I got kicked :( Will try again tomorrow and hopefully have a chance to play!

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

If you play for the first time in "New Light" then you start with the very first mission that was played in Destiny 1, but I am not sure if you play that mission if you already own Destiny 2 or start with Shadowkeep.

9. Hex

I heard it is available as a Heroic. Again, don't know from experience as I haven't had a chance to play yet!

10. samkiller42

Admittedly, It did kick me back to the title screen after the first mission, I couldn't get Crossplay to work, told me i didn't have a valid Battle.net profile, although i do, And it wouldn't connect to Xbox Live at all. I'm not overly fussed about my progression right now, so i'll try later on.

Sam

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

played a couple of hours this evening with the Mrs, really enjoying it so far. Re-kindled some of the love I lost after burning out with Forsaken and the very "meh" additions from the annual pass.

Trying to get my head around everything. I think the armour changes will really only sink in once you get some decent end-game level gear and can start to formulate builds to suit different loadouts etc. Right now its just whatever is highest goes on.

Kind of enjoying the fact that we feel squishy again as I was starting to get a little bored with face tanking most enemies. TTried to duo the Fallen Walker Heroic event on the moon when under levelled... yeah that went as well as could be expected. Normally I don't pay any attention to the adds.... not this time!

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So Shadowkeep is interesting, still got to run through it on my Warlock but so far I am enjoying it.

I need to finish the Pain & Gain quest in order to get the Khvostov and go back to the Cosmodrome.

The missions are interesting but the whole progression system is getting abit annoying, especially since I am getting Blue armor higher than my legendaries even at over 900 power level.

13. Hex

You had two whole months to set that up! :p Seriously though, I hope that gets sorted, they were looking into issues with it I know.

I finished the Shadowkeep story (so far) today. I have enjoyed it a lot and the 'ending' was great. Still got some questions though from my adventures today. Like:
    what happened to the Endless Gate on Io?! It's so different and seems to serve no purpose... yet! - As soon as I posted this I found out it's for a new strike!
    I'm really loving being back on the moon and how it's all familiar, yet different. Super spooky too!

14. samkiller42

It didn't really occur to me to do it days or weeks ago, but I tried the other evening and it did work. I'm away on holiday now, So I cant play now anyway.

Sam

15. Hex

Arghhh! I hope you get to play soon :happy:

I experienced my first vex Invasion yesterday. That gets a bit hectic! Lots of fun, but I felt sorry for the kinderguardians on the Moon, suddenly walking into that fiesta! I spent a lot of time reviving people. I also tried out the Vex Offensive and I love it! These seasonal events are a really nice idea and having them switch to something else when the season changes should mean we don't get bored of them. It drops legendary engrams like candy too! :jawdrop:

16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ah Bad Juju plus Way of a thousand cuts and a Heavy with Demolitionist (sp?).. Grenades, Throwing knives and Supers for days... (as long as I have heavy anyway....).

:D

17. Hex

I actually feel sorry for the Vex boss in the Vex Offensive. Suddenly SUPERS EVERYWHERE! :hehe:

My name is Byf has a new lore video on Shadowkeep and I agree with all of it. Obviously don't watch this until you've completed the story (so far), as there are spoilers!

18. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

i am a sad muppet, i bought shadowkeep last night, will probably get to 950 and quite again.

19. Hex

It's been almost a month of Shadowkeep now and I find myself only doing the Vex Offensive and Nightmare Hunts to get the weekly rewards. I do like them, but there's just so much to do and I can't play Destiny all day every day, no matter how much I'd like to. Trying to clear down the excessive amount of quests I have leftover is getting me to play the Joker's Wild content at last though. My main (Hunter) sided with the Drifter. I couldn't stand him calling me a snitch, but I haaaaate choices in games. Knowing I have to get to this same point with an alt now so I'm not completely locked out of certain lore tabs annoys me. I get other people live for games with choices that matter and carry over, but OMG the completionist in me hates it so much. I don't play RPGs because I hate choices in games. I've made enough bad decisions IRL, I don't want it ruining my game life too!

I am really liking the way they're drip-feeding us the season content over time. I think it's a smart move (even though some people don't realise they're doing this and so don't think the season's got much content). Hopefully, not everything I like the look of in Festival of the Lost is going to cost silver this year. It looks like a lot of them are bright dust which is good. Those spooky skeleton clothes better be glowy when it's not FoL too, or I'll cry!

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Started playing Destiny 2 the other week for the first time.
    Tried a bit of the first game on my PS4 but didn't stick with it for more than a few hours so I don't really know much about the games but it's been fairly fun for a drop-in game for a few missions.

Would have liked to actually go through the process of progressing and experiencing the story but I guess they had a reason to remove it?