1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 7 Oct 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

So you liked it, then? ;)

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Is it Worth a Buy?

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Sounds like great comedy.

5. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Oh boy, this is getting poor to average reviews across the board from what i have seen. Will stick with Willdlands given I still haven't finished it!

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My favourite review I've seen so far simply declared it the second worst game released this year after Anthem. What is it with Live Service games being total sh!#shows on release?

7. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

I know. Must admit I did enjoy Anthem but the world was largely empty, combat and flight was fun and the story was interesting enough but once that side of things was done that was it, not a great deal to do on it. I may fire it up again to see what they have done since launch in the next few days, here's hoping but not expecting much.

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

For once I totally agree with a review by Rick - miracles do happen. It's total mind numbing, repetative, frustrating, bug infested crap.

I have 3 regular friends that I game with and they all bought it and I think they actually like it. As they play the games that I enjoy, it's only fair that I return the favour (unfortunately).

If it wasn't for the fact that I want my friends to remain friends I wouldn't touch this game with a barge pole.

9. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Breakpoint is frustrating. I desperately wanted it to be good, and have given it 30 hours of my time, but I can't play it any longer. The only mildly entertaining bit is the PvP, but even that is somewhat broken.

I've honestly played many early release titles that are less buggy and more in depth than Breakpoint. Within 10 minutes of playing my interface stops working, my drone doesn't deploy, the movement glitches, and so on. The cut scenes are so bad they're funny. Your review comparison to MGSV is very relevant. This game should have a ton of interesting gadgets that would make for a huge amount of replayability, yet it doesn't even have a bloody wing suit to help you get around some beautiful yet difficult terrain. And good luck trying to drive any of the motorbikes in a straight line... And the enemy AI is something you'd expect in a game from the 90's, it's a joke.

It's also got terrible optimisation. My system is getting on a bit, but I can play Borderlands 3 at 1440p with high/ultra settings and hit a smooth 60fps, yet I'm at medium with most settings on Breakpoint and average 35-40fps. It looks and plays worse than Wildlands.

If you must play it, get Uplay for a month, don't play the full price for the game.

Tags: Add Tags