1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

So, That was AMAZING. I'm in the process of duplicating my SD Card, and I fly home tomorrow, So photos may come Sunday or Monday.

I was in a group of 13, with an English speaking guide, and he showed around, giving loads of information while on the move, and Infront of the landmarks, good opportunity for photos, and surprisingly, didn't have to wait for hundreds of people to move away to take clear photos. It's advised, to go in autumn, Winter or Spring, as you actually see more. But the autumn colours were pretty spectacular.

You do drive around the northern flank of the NPP, and there is a stop to take photos, but that's limited to what photos you do take. You also see Reactor 5 and 6 that where being built at the time, cranes still in place, Cooling Tower 1 80% complete, Tower 2 is just bearly above the tree line.

Almost lastly, we stopped by Duga 1, the USSR's Ballistic Missle early warning system, and then lastly, we drove through and stopped in Chernobyl City it's self.

The drive back, 2 checkpoints and 2 radiation checks, the last check is where you can buy souvenirs, drinks and snacks for the nearly 2 hour drive back to the pickup point in Kyiv.

For note, I saw 4 different Tours in operation, and I only knew of 2, I used Chernobyl-tour.com.

Photos to come in the next few days.

Sam

IanW and ElThomsono like this.
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Had a really good day at Data Relay today, lots of interesting stuff to look into. Certainly a lot more useful to my day-to-day role than what I saw at Future Decoded last week.

Not quite as awesome as the last couple of days that @samkiller42 has had tho:

Sounds like it was a hell of a trip. You can tick that one off your bucket list!

Last edited: 11 Oct 2019
  3. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Nope, but I’m glad I read that after I landed in Heathrow and haven’t been murdered yet. (I’m assuming that’s the story right?)

perplekks45 likes this.
  4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

new mouse arrived 2 days earlier than stated. feels damn nice.

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Pain has a name: genitofemoral neuralgia.

This is in awesome section as now someone has finally acknowledged that there's a clinical condition involved rather than being patted on the head and told it'll work itself out eventually and there are solutions. There were a number of drugs mentioned ending in 'an' and 'am' that sounded brutal and not conducive to accounting, so I've opted for injections. Hopefully the first stage of which will be next Friday.

I wouldn't say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but I know I'm in a tunnel which may have an end, rather than floating in an endless sea of despair.

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Swapped my Gigabyte X570 Pro out for a X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi and now my 3900x is boosting to 4.3 - 4.35Ghz all core in Destiny 2, up from 4.2 on the X570.

The current state of my system is quite funny...

[​IMG]

:D:D

MLyons likes this.
  7. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Odd that an X470 outperforms an X570 - unless the latter doesn't have the same OC scope as the former.

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Yep, I have no idea why but I can only go on the read outs through HWinfo. Single core boost is around the same on both so maybe just a case that the cpu is reacting better to the ABBA bios. Either way I am happy. :)

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Is that one of the Open bench's? If not what bench is it.

10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

It's a BCI Open Bench table (so yes I think :)). The PSU is meant to be installed underneath and the cooler should be above the MB. I am mid build at the moment so it was put together somewhat randomly hence the flurry of cables and do dads...

I use it for all of my retro builds that won't be together beyond the short term.

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Actually, not at all. The guy who happens to get a load of cash for giving up his seat is one of two main protagonists. I won't say more to keep the spoilers to a minimum.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Driving a freshly valeted car.

ElThomsono likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Music to firmware engineering seems like a bit of a career change for ABBA...

Goatee, xaser04, perplekks45 and 2 others like this.
  14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I do like what they do now a lot more, though.

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sat in a caravan in Hampshire, peeing rain, muddy and wet f***s given = 0.

It's going to rain all week but I couldn't give a toss. It's soooo quiet and lovely here.

Gunsmith likes this.
  16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

dozing off to the sound of drumming rain is the best thing ever.

Goatee, The_Crapman and Vault-Tec like this.
  17. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

lol! :D:D

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ha! Stupid winjing jocks got what they deserved.

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Where's the "dislike" button on this forum?

Also, what is winjing? Is that like wingdings?