1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2019 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 25 Nov 2018.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

How to screw yourself on lap one,
    Ferrari
    edition.

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Leclerc needs to go through the same maturity transition Verstappen and Kviyat went through, where they stop being missiles.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I know they're trying to let them race a bit more and not make it completely sterile, but that was basically a shoulder barge from leclerc. Albon needs to reel it in a bit as well, he might be fighting for his place at redbull, but he should have learned from Kvyatt that they don't appreciate you taking yourself out of the race.

5. RedFlames

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Suzuka is probably my favourite track on the calendar these days.
    The race, well, that went more or less like I expected. I figured tyre wear would be quite high on Sunday morning, after a typhoon tears across the track.

Leclerc seems to clash specifically with Max a good bit lately. The penalties were fair (but should have been applied in the race already).

Albon should be a bit careful to not get his shoulders TOO involved, but he did well in Suzuka. Taking the fight to Max in quali, in spite of this being early days for him in F1 and even earlier for RB. Well done to him.

If my maths aren't completely off, a P1 and Fastest Lap for Lewis would wrap up the WDC in Mexico.

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Hamilton seems to be going full eco hippy (dreads an everything) Is he going to just bomb out soon?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569

Also, peeved at the Norris Albon clash, Albon clearly left him no space an collided with him, yet no penalty.

8. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Whilst the irony of being part of a global motor racing series is not lost on me - at least he is using his profile to raise awareness.

Though i do agree that his posts have an air of mild depression about them.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Can't help thinking he is another David Icke in the making. Has he had a bang on the head recently?

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Could he be calling it quits, at six DWC... and going Formula E...?

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It would make my year if he grew out full-on dreads and turned up to Australia next year with a giant billy bifter hanging off his lips.

The_Crapman likes this.
  12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

After rowing there on his own hand made canoe and bringing his own home made eco friendly fuel.

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, this vegan eco-hippy trip he's on rings a tad incongruous, given his chosen profession. Unless he sees it as some kind carbon offset - just waiting for him to pitch up with a Fairtrade racing helmet, to confirm whether it's eco-hippy, or twatish hipster.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  14. The_Crapman

Yeh. He seems REAL positive.

15. RedFlames

16. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

In terms of F1's green credentials, I remember reading an article on Autosport a few years back when they released the stats for the old Hockenheim race during the V10 era. It was something ridiculous like 3 MPG on average per car. But the biggest take home was that the total amount of fuel used and CO produced during the entire weekend (3 practice sessions, qualifying and the race) was less than a single transatlantic flight from London to New York.

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Accommodation, food and transport for the whole circus has a massively bigger impact on the climate than the actual racing any way.

18. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I thought it was a London to Tokyo flight? More likely I'm wrong but it surprised me it was that low. Also heard the 3mpg figure touted as well.

Merc hit 50% thermal efficiency a couple of seasons ago, I would love to see the mpg figures of the current cars and would honestly love the teams to push it higher.

Speaking of environmental impact, it seems Ferrari are suspected of using oil from the intercooler to improve engine performance. While the leak itself in known and is permitted the rules state that teams "must not intentionally make use of the latent heat of vaporisation of any fluid with the exception of fuel for the normal purpose of combustion in the engine".
    Some teams have launched a clarification about the design rather than a formal protest but it will be interesting to see what comes of it.

19. The_Crapman

20. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Yea, I cant see Renault getting out of that one. Seems a clear cut driver aid.

Tho with that system they still have had a torrid season. If it gave them a competetive advantage, just how bad is this seasons car!!