1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Humble Monthly dropped in favour of Humble Choice

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 21 Oct 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Predalien

Predalien What's a Dremel?

As I see it, this is the perfect moment to suscribe to Humble monthly. You’ll keep your subscription price (12$) and you’ll get the content for the new 20$ subscription. At the same time, they might rise the bar a little since they have to make those 20$ look like well spent cash.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2019
  3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

First: $20, not $19.

Second: You actually get more for your $12 than new subscribers will for their $20. They get nine games; you get ten.

4. Predalien

Predalien What's a Dremel?

20$ <- *Edited

The thing is, the 12$ subscription disappears. One less game, OK. But given what’s going to happen it’s quite the deal right now.

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

As a not-current-subscriber, the $5-a-month is actually attractive now: rarely are more than 1-2 games of the monthly bundles in any way interesting to me, so to me their offering is now $6 cheaper to trim a bunch of crud I'd never use.

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  6. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Seems to me you're being a bit harsh in the article - in every Monthly "box", there is always a (probably deliberate) spread of quality and size of game that is presented. The value of the new subscriptions will depend which sorts of games they carry over from this current spread, which is very hard to tell

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Even if we assume that the overall quality of the games improves in order to make the new subscriptions seem more tempting... they're still demonstrably worse than the existing subscription, which as Choice Classic will get more games than the premium subscription tier at almost half the price.

There's no real way to spin it that those who do not grandfather themselves into Choice Classic aren't getting screwed, here (as much as Humble has tried, bless 'em.)

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

This reminds me, I need to take a Humble Dump, I've got so many games that I haven't redeemed or have little interest in playing despite keeping the subscription going. Occasionally there are some good games, but they seem to be few and far between recently.

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Ironically it wouldn't improve things if the included games would be more to your taste, because you would then just run into the problem that you already own the games by the time they turn up in the bundle.

Tags: Add Tags