1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

You can go to Amanda Holliday in the tower, you will find her in the hangar, and she will have quests so that you can replay all the campaigns for the parts of the game you own.

Hex likes this.
  2. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

lpt, running haunted forest i am getting a prime engram at least once a day maybe more, and an almost constant upgrade every run past light 900, in fact Haunted forest ahs got me from 905 to 915

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Thanks for that, I'll go track down that character when I hop on over the weekend.

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I got really lucky and my only non-950 (true) gear is a primary weapon and a chest piece. I just need chocolate coins now to get all the masks (I need one more, for 40), so I can buy the 950 AR from Grandma and I'm almost at true 950! Iron Banner did a great job of levelling me up. I got told how hard 940-950 (true) was and that last 10 would kill me and I've really had no issues. Currently got a +10 from the artifact, so very close to 960.

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I'm on that grind for the 951 gear, at 963 or 964 now but my power grind is being slowed by helping my brother in law get leveled up and use to the game.

6. Hex

You gots to get on that Pinnacle grind now, good luck!

I got a 950 chest piece drop from doing all my core PvP matches last night, climbed the Tower trees to get the candy + chocolate coins (also sat with the kitties), bought the last mask, got the Triumph, bought the 950 primary AR \o/ Now I'm true 950! I'm not massively fussed about getting to true 960, because I don't raid or do any co-op activities. So I'm mainly just doing the seasonal stuff to try and get as many Triumphs as I can before it's over.

I had a really bugged instance of Altar of Sorrows yesterday though. We suddenly had a wave of Nightmares go directly to Sacrifice. They did not pass Go! They did not collect £200! Then the last Nightmare Knight before the big boss boi decided he would fly into space over us and then land in the fire to sacrifice himself so we failed. Everyone just stood there asking WTAF just happened :lol:

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I played abit of the Forrest but had to stop, either got a cold or had a strong allergic reaction to some Raspberry Jam, something which I didn't think I was allergic to so now the list of fruit, veg, shampoo, soap, air freshener etc etc has grown to over 3x A4 pages of paper.

Hoping to try and get on tomorrow to work on the triumphs, but I am not to fussed about them but I did complete my Season Pass a while ago, I got all 100 levels complete whilst my brother in law who wouldn't listen to me is currently sat at around 42, but he still won't listen.

8. Hex

Hopefully it's not apples. I suddenly got an allergy to apples one day after eating them all my life and it sucks because they are in EVERYTHING. Especially jams and smoothies.

I'm only at 58 Season Pass levels. It's such a struggle when my bounties and quest logs are constantly full of stuff I can't do solo. They're just sat taking up room until I can eventually complete them.

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The list contains a lot of stuff, Bannanas I have been allergic to since I was born, I cannot have or use anything that has them in it otherwise I do not get off the toilet for days.

The others though, cause at first Hayfever like symptoms which then turns in to a sinus infection, which then turns in to a cold/chest infection and in the worse case.

The worst thing is all I have to do is walk in to a room with a air freshner that has a scent of 1 of the things and I start having a reaction, or use anything containing a scent or flavour of 1 of them and I have a reaction and how bad a reaction depends on how long I am there for or eat/drink or use etc.

The last time I had a bad reaction I was rushed to hospital, and put on a ventilator because I could barely breath my boss at the time thought I was faking being ill when I called in sick and called my dad to find out if I was faking or not, my dad sent a picture of me on the ventilator and his response was priceless, he sent a picture of himself holding a piece of paper saying "I'm Sorry :)"

Hex likes this.
  10. Hex

Eugh, I can't eat bananas and the smell of them makes me feel sick, but that's because my Grandma would only eat them when they were black and liquified inside and she gave me them like that when I stayed there. Put me off for life. Cannot stand to be anywhere near anything banana now.

**PSA**

Don't turn in Iron Banner bounties or do weekly Pinnacle activities until the patch on Thursday (7th November 2019) reset. They're changing Pinnacle rewards from +1 to +2.

11. Hex

One more week of Season 8: Season of the Undying.

Next week, Season 9: Season of Dawn starts and the trailer is so good! More Osiris (yeah, we all saw that coming), SAINT-XIV(!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Sparrows on Mercury, RUSTED LANDS. I AM SO EXCITE!

Don't forget Season Passes are purchased using Silver (in-game currency) which means they will work with your cross-save account and be available on any platform.

Really looking forward to the reveal stream (Wednesday the 4th of December 2019, 18:00 GMT). I would not be at all surprised if they announce Trials of Osiris returning or at least an equivalent. They've got a lot of PvP content creators coming to the event and they keep hinting...

12. Hex

The Dawning 2019 is now live!

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Sadly no SRL again. Just more baking grind... *yawn*

Also they somehow managed to take the excellent Chalice / Menagerie and create a worse version of it. The actual sundial is ok, but why on earth did they create the whole Obelisk linking guff. Just recreate the Chalice logic under a new name and have the available cards (whatever the things used on the chalice are called) come from bounties.

14. Hex

If you haven't done the Saint-14 stuff yet, I HIGHLY recommend it. Those missions, although short, are amongst my favourites in all of Destiny. (The end of part 2 was amazing and made me smile like an idiot for so long!) Partly because we know this story already, the lore's been around since D1. But also because it's just so nice to have an NPC who looks up to us. Who loves us. Who doesn't treat us like rookies even though we've usually successfully completed missions they failed and we defeated Gods FFS! I adore Saint-14 and his idle voice lines are so good. He asked my Hunter where she keeps her knives, told me I was wily and could probably "find" him some libation and if you are a Titan wearing Helm of Saint-XIV... well... try it :hehe:

Not really a spoiler, but I'll hide it anyway. All the hints that next season we will get a competitive PvP mode like Trials back appear to point to Saint being the vendor for that. They made it very clear Trials OF THE NINE, would not return. But Trials of Osiris (or something else) could. Things pointing to this:
    • Bungie's latest summit had content creators who focused on Trials back in the day, all are PvPers and some don't even play Destiny anymore. We knew it was too late for Season of Dawn, but it looks like next season is where the PvP focus will be.
    • They've straight up told us they're putting a renewed focus on PvP, but we have to remember the feedback loop takes time and Season of Dawn was made with suggestions from Season of Opulence in place. Season of the Undying was not. Which is why we have the praised Menagerie-like system for the Sundial.
    • If you're in a private match sometimes a scorecard exactly like the Trials ones shows up as a placeholder...
    • Those fights alongside Saint, his voice lines were straight up like Shaxx in the crucible (not Saladman though, God I find him so dull). Encouraging us. I can imagine we'll be hearing a lot more of that...
    • LOOK AT HIS SPOT IN THE HANGAR! There's all the old Trials of Osiris stuff! The banners, the logo everywhere even the candles!
    • I didn't even do Trials (of Osiris or the Nine) because I solo everything, but having Saint voice it... may be enough to make me go for it!

15. Hex

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the XP grind system doesn't get shaken up a bit in the coming weeks/maybe next season. I think everyone is feeling the same at this point: there are just too many bounties. Everything is bounties.

It's a nightmare for me because playing solo has locked me out of the final steps of almost every exotic quest I have so they're all just sat in my quest log and the space for quests and bounties is shared. Until I managed to clear down some quests last week I was only able to take on 2 bounties at a time and going back to the Tower every time I finished those two was a complete nightmare. Personally I've really liked the ritual weapons being a lot easier to obtain this season. I've already got the Strikes one and I'm almost there on the crucible and gambit ones. I'm still nowhere near getting previous season's pinnacle weapons, specifically Hush and Randy's. But the bounties are really crushing my enjoyment. Also having to do a quest line for Iron Banner every single season before I can use my tokens is riling me. There are so many steps! I just want to grab my bounties, play and then give Saladin my tokens. I have hundreds and I'm unlikely to have a chance to complete the quest this month thanks to Christmas. Not to mention a lot of the Iron Banner bounties and quest steps make you play in the worst ways for teamwork.

I think even just making it so quests and bounties didn't share the same space would help. If I could grab 20 bounties at once and then just play and have them complete without having to do anything too weird, I wouldn't mind as much. But right now I have to get bounties from Benedict, Banshee, Zavala, Drifter, Shaxx, Obelisks, Saladin, Eva and Saint-14. That's not even including grabbing planetary ones whenever I have to go somewhere specific for other bounties or Ada's Forge bounties! Doing this a couple at a time and then going back to grab 2 more is just wasting time.

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Finally working through weapon quests.

Recently got the following:

Randys Throwing Knife
    Komodo-4FR
    Wishender
    Legend Of Acrius
    Thousand Voices

Working on:

Redrixes Broadsword
    Jotunn
    Izanagi's
    Xenophage
    Hush
    Python
    Exit Strategy

Last edited: 5 Mar 2020
    Hex likes this.
  17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well after a long day, I have added Hush, Python and Exit Strategy to my collection.

It will be to soon before I have to touch Gambit again!

18. Hex

I think a lot of people are doing this as we approach the new season :happy: I managed to get my very first seal - Savio(u)r and then almost immediately went on to get Wayfarer (it was hiding behind some RNG drops). I got Loaded Question finished last night by just running around NFs with a Fusion Rifle. I finished 21% Delirium this week too and like it a lot! I'm very close to getting Exit Strategy too, just have the kills to finish off. Randy's is slowly progressing as is Redrix.

A few of us have turned the Gaming channel on bit-tech's Discord server into a Destiny zone if you require people for D2 activities!

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Momentum Control with the Jade Rabbit is the best thing for Randy's.

Then also if you want the Broadsword just use a Pulse Rifle for the Pulse Rifle section it goes by stupidly quick, and then you have to get kills with each damage type Solar, Arc and Void so just grab Trace Rifles and then it's 20 Daily Crucible Bounties, and then you get to the stage I am at which is annoying because you have to reset your valor rank 5 times in a single season :(

I am working on Legendary Frames at the moment for the Jotun and the Bow from the Forges, closest to finishing the Key box on my Warlock I only need 2 keys and hopefully can get both of them over the weekend.

So many weapons missing because I couldn't be bothered grinding them out but now I am in the mood for it, they are slowly getting obtained.

Hex likes this.
  20. Hex

Yeah, I know how to get them, I'm just not into farming. I only did the ones recently as they only needed around 100 kills as I'd done everything else so thought I may as well! You can tell by the way I've played almost daily since launch and yet didn't have any pinnacle/ritual rewards! Resetting my Valor rank 5 times in a season is pretty doable for me. I've done it before. I'm currently just on the 25 rumble and competitive matches part as I rarely play those. I don't know why because I really enjoy Rumble, but I am not a fan of comp in the evenings. As soon as it hits about 21:00 GMT I get matched with people who are apparently living on Mars (OK, judging by the usernames it's more likely Russia/AP but may as well be Mars to my ping) and the connections are terrible. Then I watch my glory continuously roll back and get sad about it and stop playing comp for a few months. I was really lucky to even get the Komodo. I was 2 points off the required Glory rank and then got into a team with someone who was AFK. I watched the Glory roll waaaay back, then noticed the quest completed anyway - I will take it!