1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

[​IMG]

and 3X
    [​IMG]

and 3x to power them

[​IMG]

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Is it just me, or does Death Stranding just look like the biggest pile of shite ever?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Apparently it gets better after the first ten hours. Which is approximately eight hours longer than I've spent gaming in the last rolling month, so nuts to that.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  4. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

no idea will begin playing it this weekend, but looks like its gonna be like mgs2 either you'll enjoy it or hate it. atleast this this will have an ending unlike mgsv

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh, I heard you needed to put 45 hours in before it got fun!

Normal developer deliberately makes an incredibly boring game - gets pilloried.
    Kojima deliberately makes an incredibly boring game - gets feted.

Reckon the "ending" will be the game being uninstalled before being finished ;)

Yaka and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Haha thought I was the only one using that expression. I've got more than few strange looks from customers after saying "comes in silver, black and unicorn vomit".

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've tried to understand it. Sadly all I came up with his "Foot delivery courier simulator". I am sure the story is good, but the game itself looks a bit weird to me.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I mean, it's a kojima game so.. Bit weird is probably an understatement.

9. Andersen

Finally.

[​IMG]

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm curious how convenient that thing is.

I kind of want to replace my fans and a part of me is hankering for the radioactive spaghetti of my youth - but since I have a Corsair keyboard I kinda wanted a thing that links the fans and keyboard.

Also, I bought some leather conditioner and a stack of microfibres.

11. Andersen

Cant say yet. Trying to scrounge up the willingness to partially tear down my compludador.

Lazy day.

liratheal likes this.
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I think it has more to do with people losing patience a lot quicker these days. I read an article by [random pseudo-gaming website] today about how they are happy Outer Worlds is just 20 hours and 100 hour games are 'luckily' dying out. Really hard (read: impossible) for me to agree with that, even though the main reason (not enough time because we're older) applies to me as well.

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Maybe, but I'm not sure that's a character flaw when we're talking about a game that's almost literally a walking simulator :D The thing is that these days there are so many competing demands for people's attention and time, so many games to play, shows to watch, things to do, that why would you endure something that's quite frankly not interesting when you could do something less boring instead™?

And I've dumped hunners of hours into the likes of Stellaris, Skyrim et al because they're fun to play. Similarly I've given up halfway through a number of 5-6 hour duration games because they weren't. I don't really mind how long a game is as long as whatever time I'm spending playing it is actually enjoyable!

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

This. I simply do not have time any more. I've lost count of the number of films or TV series that I simply must watch, or the number of games that I just have to play...

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Back in the day, I could afford only a handful of games. Didn't matter how crappy one was, I had to see it through 'cos it'd be a while before I could buy another.

Now? I've got a dozen games from various bundles on Steam I've never even launched. You're darn right my patience is lower, 'cos if a particular game hasn't grabbed me in the first half hour - or, hell, ten hours - I can just fire up one of the other ones instead. Why would I spend my time playing Triple-A QWOP when I could be playing something fun?

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I think it's less to do with the people and more the market publishers are (or have been) trying to make. A 100 hour game in 2010 meant something like Skyrim (I know 2011), now a 100 hour game means either a Ubisoft game filled to the brim with micro transactions for your 'convenience' or it means something like Anthem, Fallout 76 etc, which is barely a game at all. I certainly don't look at a game selling itself on X hundred hours of content with excitement anymore, I assume it's repetitive trash.

There has definitely been a backlash to that in the last couple of years and there are games being released that are actually games all of a sudden. This year's seen Ace Combat, Resident Evil, The Outer Worlds, Metro, Devil May Cry, Sekiro and others released. At least some of the publishers are admitting that the medium sized release is still a viable way of making games. I sincerely don't believe gamers are getting shorter attention spans so much as they are getting less and less tolerance for bullsh#t game design.

On that note I have played a lot of Ace Combat this year.

17. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Having a complete re-jig of our systems (again) and going back to ITX.

Picked up a GTX 1660 Super for £200 for my Wife's system (needed something very short so went for the Palit single fan model) and a 1TD SP SSD (£84) for my machine (which was my wife's... :p)

Both systems will now being fully SSD based. :)

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

For the price I just couldn't resist. I guess it helps I bought a set ages ago and they are still working perfectly as I type this. I like how they come with a remote and you can totally shut off the LEDs too.

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

20hours!? Let's not tell them I've spent more DAYS than that playing division 2. Or, at least 100 hours playing and maybe 600 managing my inventory. :worried:

perplekks45 likes this.
  20. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

The 2000 and final VHS release of the Star Wars Trilogy. Same as the 1997 Special Edition + Lucas commentary.

[​IMG]

Yaka and goldstar0011 like this.