1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft releases Windows 10 November 2019 update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 13 Nov 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

"Far from exciting" is fine by me, just as long as it doesn't break anything.

3. ooey

ooey What's a Dremel?

I like and still use windows 7. I wonder will they offer a cheap or free "upgrade" when it's no longer supported from jan? Oh and there's usually something that goes wrong when we get a major new update M$ can't help it. Oh for the Commodore Amiga days again...

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I have to say i popped W10 on my new build a couple of (a few?) months ago and it's worked without any major problems. Then again that rig has only been used for gaming a bit of internet so not too many variables thrown at it.

Yeah, kiss of death.

I do have an optional update to 1909 (on 1903 iirc) but not really sure if it's worth it? I mean it works at the moment!

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Custom incompatible hardware, zero memory protection, and a development delay leading to the house of cards collapsing, the company folding, and the platform no longer being supported?

Yeah, I loved me some AGA, but it's hardly a development model to emulate.

wolfticket likes this.
  6. silk186

silk186 Derp

I've been on the same install of windows 10 for years, including a platform upgrade from z68 i5-2500k. Normally I would have gone with a fresh install but I don't want to mess up my referencing software.
    I've only had a single problem caused by an incomplete update and it resolved itself after a week. I certainly see a lot less blue screens (as long as I keep my GPU temps in check).

wolfticket likes this.
  7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

My home PC still tries to install an update from possibly around this time last year every week or so and fails.
    Might one day try to do something about it but it's just rarely enough it tries for me not to bother.

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

There's always Linux. :worried:

Windows just seems more bother than it's worth these days.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It's a fair shout, I do have Linux on one system and my laptop.

Gaming rig is W10 though. Still the easiest and I can force freesync using my nvidia GPU (although no doubt those clever Linux bods have made that possible too). But, yeah, the other system is Linux for anything other than gaming.

I was very wary installing W10 but it seems i've hanged (hung?) fire long enough that, crossing fingers, i've not had any big issues, or any come to think of it.

I like others to beta test games and operating systems first :happy:

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

W10 has been really good for me since launch, I don't understand how people have so many issues with it, I have it on so many machines since it was available, none have have a fresh install and all are issue free, some of my hardware is 10yrs old.

I have only experience problems when I was an insider running beta but even that rolled back with ease.

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Well if it is that kinda sucks as what we're essentially saying is your OS isn't yours, i mean we know it's not as Microsoft tell you they provide Windows as a service but still.

Tags: Add Tags