1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The 'Gotham' approach...

2. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

El Camino - breaking bad movie awesome/10

they coulda ****ed it up but they didnt
    guy playing Todd shoulda been put on a diet thats my only gripe with the movie

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Terminator: Dark Fate

better than I thought it would be and there some nice nods to the first 2 films. its decent but nothing on T2 and tbh I'd have rather watched that in the cinema instead.

Last edited: 28 Oct 2019
  4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

not a movie as such but

The Mandalorian: holy **** this is fun/10

I don't even like star wars all that much but just finished episode 2 and i am genuinely enjoying watching this.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

[​IMG]

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

pretty much sums it up for me as well, how the hell can they make episode 8 so sucky and yet make a pretty decent first to episodes on the tv program.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Le Mans 66 (Ford vs Ferrari) - Oh this is interesting/10

Really, really good. More heavily fictionalised than Rush was, but easily the best car movie since then.

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Yes it is...they sing WAY more.
    Also Jaffar is a miscast.

9. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

yeah live action jaffar just doesnt come across like a total evil ****

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Four episodes of The Mandalorian.

Started off really good, but it's disney roots are beginning to shine through - far too twee for my liking.

11. ygenius123

ygenius123 Yas Genius

Nice to have this thread...

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Re watching the Expanse, oof, still love that intro. Please Amazon don't mess this up

goldstar0011 likes this.
  13. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I've actually just got into it and just finished season 3, looking forward to it dropping soon!
    Really enjoyed it more than was expecting.

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The Irishman - 8/10

That's one way to make three and a half hours feel like two.

Very, very, slow film. Some of the deaging was a little uncanny-valley, but considering just how much of it there was, I don't begrudge it a few slips here and there.

I enjoyed it.

ygenius123 likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I give it a 9. I thought it was excellent, other than the fact that they all looked too old when they were young apart from Pacino.

It's probably the last time we will see them all together too.

It didn't drag for me either, given I've spent hours reading about Hoffa. My ex wife's cousin told me all about it many years ago.

16. Vault-Tec

Breakdown - Craig Fairbrass. Decent film 8/10

Greyhawk - one of the best, ball curdlingly unsettling and frustrating movies I've ever seen. It really fills you with angst. Sadly the end was a bit ****, so I'm giving it a 9. It's a shame the ending didn't have more of a bang, but it's still one of the best modern movies I've seen.

17. liratheal

Yeah, it was an excellent film and it was great to see them all together in a Scorsese film, but something about it doesn't settle. I guess the argument about who killed Hoffa is going to rage on for eternity now, but. It feels like a nonfiction story with some fiction in it (because of course it will, it's a crime film) - but because the Hoffa case is unsolved for me it casts doubt on what is and isn't fiction in the film.

Still, great film and definitely worth a watch if you have an interest in the Hoffa stuff.

18. Vault-Tec

Oh he's dead for sure. Where they got the info for the film from? IDK.

There were problems with it. I mean first of all they all looked way too old apart from Pacino. The part where Deniro smacks up the grocer is almost cringeworthy. I mean, he really looks his real age there. Joe Pesci just looked old period. Hair dye and makeup wasn't convincing either.

The CGI was dodgy in parts (tree chipper blood) and etc. Ironically until we totally master CGI we'll never see them in movie again. IIRC Pesci came out of retirement just to be in it.

I also thought the guy from Little Boy Blue was hilarious. I mean gosh, he got to fisticuff and roll on the ground with Pacino :O I bet he had the time of his life.

But yeah with all things considered it was a class movie. One we don't see the likes of often in our lifetime.

*What I mean is one day CGI could be capable of allowing dead actors to act in films. That would be incredible tbh. Not sure if it will happen in our lifetime but hey, I'm sure it will one day

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

When that day comes I hope the backlash will be epic, it was disgusting and creepy in Rogue 1, it won't get any less so with repeat efforts.

20. liratheal

Oh, yeah, I have no doubt that Hoffa is long dead and I am willing to believe that Sheeran did it - I just wish there was corroboration from a trustworthy third party. The film is based on the book 'I heard you paint houses', which is supposedly pretty much Sheeran's recollection of events. I don't dispute that he said that stuff, but the concept of trusting a career criminal with (currently) no hard evidence just makes me suspicious, warranted or not. It's either 100% true or just the last poke at the authorities from a man that was all alone and trapped by a failing body, while developing a conscience over killing someone who would arguably have been a close friend at the behest of another close friend.

I agree about the CGI points. For me it was also the eyes, they always looked either weirdly old or absurdly bright until the end of the film where the portrayed age caught up with their actual ages.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2019