1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Dremel soldering iron

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Yaka, 1 Dec 2019.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

have been using this for past couple of months, really wished i got a gas soldering iron much much sooner but is there a trick to filling the damn thing up properly?
    when i first got this to do a new wire loom for my motorbike it seemed to last for ever 3 days of constant use and even heat shrinking. but right now im builg a 3channel audio amp and it seems to be running out within 10 mins

2. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

butane irons are very sensitive to moisture in both the can and air, I only use mine when its a royal pain in the butt to drag out a cord and base station and iron and stand ... that's with a weller, not some hobby grade stuff

3. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

:/ musta lucked out when i first got it. still useful to have around i guess

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I think mine leaks. But then it does sit for quite a while between uses. Whenever I come to want to use it, it's always empty.
    Great bit of kit for working inside cars as there's no cable pulling the iron.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Soldering stations are the way to go. I rolled my own:

[​IMG]

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

that is cool, i agree soldering stations are better i have been using the aoyue 968 for 10yrs or so got very very cheap. from amazon warehouse was only expecting it to last me a couple of years but its kept on going. but with the gas ones if you need to do the odd thing it save carrying things to and fro alot. wired a wireless charger into my brothers dash in his civic this morning and the damn thing kept going for a good while and didn't need a refill

[​IMG]

7. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

It may have taken a knock maybe a some point. I don't have any experience with that Dremel model but I've had a IRODA SolderPro for about 10 years and it always has gas when I return to it and works a treat for stuff outside like car wiring jobs. In the spirit of right tool for the job, I also have a couple mains irons, air station and desolder but you can't beat butane for portable quick heat.