1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mouse recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeStorm, 19 Jan 2020.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Hi all,
    Right click has started doubling/multi clicking on my Zowie EC1 Evo, am going to try and see if I can take it apart and if giving things a bit of a clean etc will be enough, but thought I'd get some recommendations for a potential replacement.

Haven't paid any attention to the peripheral market for a couple of years so not really sure what the good options are.
    I like my Zowie, being slightly larger than an average mouse I think, just a couple of side buttons (one would probably be fine actually, don't do much online gaming anymore but when I do I like the side button for push to talk), other than that not too fussed, with regards to branding, colour etc.

Suggestions?

2. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

logitech g900 past few years, i use it wired on pc the newer version has funky mouse pad that charges the mouse

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

They're such a subjective thing it's hard to make concrete recommendations.

FWIW, I've liked my G403.

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

I second the G403 or rival 310, coming from a Logitech M518.

13thHallow likes this.
  5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Logitech MX Master (whichever version you fancy!)

bawjaws, Edwards and GeorgeK like this.
  6. creative

creative 500rwhp

I really like my Razer Naga Epic chroma.

yes it needs Razer Synapse but I have had zero issues with it. Its a chunky size which I like and infinitely mappable. I have a whack ton of profiles setup for it from gaming to photoshop to general web browsing.

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Oh I know a mouse is a very personal thing, but as I said I don't even know what half the companies that now make mice are called anymore haha, so some general recommendations gives me a starting point to narrow things down :)

Have realised I've got a Microsoft IntelliMouse I'd taken into work which has a side button, so may just start using that for now and wait until there are some deals for a mouse, as don't really want to spend £40+ on a mouse at the moment which is what a lot seem to be costing!

8. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I might have a spare MX Master (used) or MX Master 2S (new - unused) if either might be of interest?

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm still quite a fan of the G500-ish series from Logitech. I use a G500s (Although I have had to replace the left click switch on it) on the road, and a G502 at home.

The G500s is six years old in four days, and the G502 is 3.5~ years old.

10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Razer Basilisk

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Wouldn't use anything other than an MX Master scratch that my MX Master S2 has the same issue as my MX Master where the rubber by your thumb gets stuck down meaning you can't move the mouse pointer. Yeah you can use force it back up but it damages the rubber.

Last edited: 26 Jan 2020
  12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

For gaming I am a big fan of Logitech, having gone from a MX518 to a G402 via a Razer Death Adder that fell to bits. My favourite thing about Logitech mice is how rarely they fall to bits.

For everything else I have some Anker vertical mice and a Logitech one.

13. 13thHallow

13thHallow What's a Dremel?

I use the Steelseries Rival 310 and I really like it.

14. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I have a g502 at home and a MX Master 2s at work, both have been great for over 3 and 2 years respectively (though the MX Master gets a ton more use, and is thrown into my work bag regularly).

15. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

+1 for Steelseries, they do a more wallet friendly range also, Bit-tech has a review on home page.

16. Tech Cave

Tech Cave What's a Dremel?

i use a G502 Proteus Spectrum but depends a lot on the type of grip that you have, if is palm, fingertip or claw

17. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

I got a glorious model o- back in late October. Feels like I'm pushing air around!

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

MX518. A shape so good they made it twice.

19. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I use the MX Master 2S at work and love it. The MX Master 3 is supposed to be better in almost every way. It is, however, too laggy for competitive online gaming.

I somehow managed to score a G 903 for $60, so that's my wireless gaming mouse at home. I upgraded from the Steelseries Rival 710, which had an OLED screen and tactile feedback, but so few games used those features in any meaningful way and I'd rather lose a wire even though I like the look at feel of the 710 better.