1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Didn't take much convincing, that's getting reinstalled this weekend.

Think i'll try and find and do everything...

boiled_elephant and Byron C like this.
  2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I finally completed Witcher 3 over Christmas after many repeated attempts at playing the game and deciding that I hated it around the Skellige part of the story.
    I think this was probably my 7th or 8th attempt at playing the game, I enjoyed the rest of the game... I think it's mostly the way that Skellige is all split up with the islands so far from each other that made me hate that part of the game so much, I felt like that map forces you to use the fast travel against your will because sailing around is unbearably dull.
    ---

Just started up the new DBZ Kakarot game, enjoying it so far after my 40 mins exploring... though I did manage to glitch Goku into a position where I couldn't move almost immediately so they need to do some work ironing out areas where you can get stuck.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I thought the first Witcher game was mechanically pretty terrible, to be honest, and there's no way in hell that I'd go back and replay it now. Same goes for the second game really.

That said, Witcher 3 is a fantastic game in a number of respects - storytelling, worldbuiling, questlines, characters, level of detail. All of that is genuinely excellent. But the combat is utterly boring and rote, and even on higher difficulties it just isn't really engaging. There are a handful of encounters (earlyish on) that are a challenge, but then it's just dull. Shame, because if the combat was better then it would be near-perfect as a game.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hopped back on Fallout 4 last night. Didn't realise that I had last played it in February 2018....

I have been sitting in the Nuka World DLC for far too long so I went on and cleared up a bunch of stuff in there. Nowt quite like shooting raiders in the face until their heads fall off, just need to power up the place, find a couple more bits and then I can head back off the the Commonwealth and Far Harbor - Still got plenty to do.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

THIS! I really want to play the trilogy, but don't want to charge in at number three. I tried playing the first game, but what the hell is up with the combat? I managed to get a little way in (I think I managed to repel the attack at the start of the game) but I've no idea how since the combat makes no sense to me.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Honestly, I'd just skip the first two and play 3.

7. adidan

I loved the first two!

Mind you I fear going back to playing them now in case it ruins the memories.

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I found the 1st difficult to get into, ended up skipping and just played the 2nd which I really enjoyed. And I'm looking forward to getting around to the 3rd at some point :D

9. suenstar

...I've got too many games that I want to play at the moment, I keep switching between games every session.

My main rotation right now is DBZ Kakarot, X4 Foundations and For the King - thankfully they're all games that are easy to dip in and out of. Need to go back into playing a bit of Yakuza at some point as well.
    After about 3 hours of DBZ Kakarot, I think I might struggle with the higher level stuff with this game as I've found that I'm not particularly good at that style of combat... never been amazing at fighting games and the combat in this is pretty much a a slightly more complex fighting game.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Monster Hunter Generations have been dumped and added to the laptop.

11. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Temtem has eaten all my playtime lately. I haven't even touched Iron Banana (Destiny 2) yet this week and it's the final day! Too busy catching Tems and levelling up!

12. Tech Cave

Tech Cave What's a Dremel?

i've just finished Uncharted 4, i'm also a ps4 guys, and i liked a lot!

13. adidan

Pootling about in X4 having a jolly old time.

Being very slow, just added a few bits to the PHQ and randomly had ANT go hostile because I defended a HOP station and killed one of them. Odd as I nor anything I owned was near HOP territory or, well, anything.

Oh well, I have an enemy for when I get a fleet. May be some time yet, I get distracted easily.

14. suenstar

That is a bit odd.
    It's more fun if you side with HOP and become hostile with everyone else over the course of the game anyway, lots more action for your fleets.
    Plus HOP are being bullied by everyone from the start, so they need a friend.

adidan likes this.
  15. adidan

Yeah it was a bit odd. Not sure if it's a beta bug or not.

I only had two miners out and about, everything else was grounded.

I had a save a few minutes before and set all the global settings to not attack pirates if for some reason it was logging that at the PHQ/laser towers but no change.

It must have been HOP space though, i got credits for defending their station and a healthy rank boost. So that was nice.

Who knows, an ANT ship may have hit a nav beacon and now i'm their most wanted :happy:

But yeah, I like the HOP, ANT can stay red.

Not sure if it's different to previous games or I just can't find it but the logbook didn't really tell me where it happened. Hey ho.

16. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Just found my old Crysis disc while unpacking our books from the move 18 months ago. Put it on this system, did the updates and after 15 minutes of play I'm slightly bored of it, trying to work out if the game has aged badly or if it's me (it's probably me). I used to love this game (well until the alien underground level at least) but now it doesn't do much for me.

Still waiting until I have a large chunk of time to play X4 as I don't feel its a game i want to play for 30 minutes here and there, plus the X games have never got worse as they have matured.

adidan likes this.
  17. adidan

Very true, if anything they mature well.

18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Steam was down so I played Guild Wars 2 for the first time in... years, as it was the only non Steam game I have installed on Ubuntu.

Works really well.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

God of War: Dad of Boy

Good fun so far. Finding combat a little tricky; my usual tactic is to try and bludgeon my way through, and that's really not working out in the early part of the game :grin:.

Graphics on PS4 Pro look aceballs though to be fair. Only consoles I've been near in recent years are Nintendo machines (Wii U, Switch), so it's a nice surprise to have such good looking graphics.

20. suenstar

Spent the past few evenings playing For the King, only just managed to complete the first storyline as my trio of adventurers really struggled with the final boss. Ended up scraping a victory with one dead and two near death and almost all of my restorative items used up. Planning on doing the snowy quest next...
    I had a similar feeling when I tried to reply the Crysis games a little while back, I think I'm at a point where I'm not enjoying those types of first person shooters as much as I used to.

Definitely worth having a couple of hours at a time with X4 as you could easily spend the 30 minutes just designing the layout of a station... it's very easy to get side tracked.
    Yeah, I think Egosoft are one of the good developers that actually listen to the feedback from the players on their forums, plus they've always worked well with the modding community to incorporate ideas into their major patches.