1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It really wasn't bad in there tbh. Spent a Nye there once it was banging. Not really a clubber though. Only went a handful of times but had a good dance and fun night out.

2. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

At the time, I think I was better able to handle 'my brain', so wasn't affected as I would be now.

3. Vault-Tec

0-18 I loved it there and couldn't see myself anywhere else. I was a part of something. We used to call ourselves a "massive" so it was hardly gang banging but we looked after each other. Then it got nasty.

I couldn't handle it now. It's loud, smelly, invasive and stressful. Age certainly doesn't help man.

But yeah as a kid I hated going on holiday in case I missed something big.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Sadly they did not think I was just what they needed.

Oh well, next form please!

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Officially back in stage 3 kidney failure. Goes to stage 5, so I'm not dying or on dialysis, just sick and uncomfortable.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Fingers crossed, mate.

7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

[​IMG]

And i'm left-handed, so my handwriting has regressed 25 years...

8. Vault-Tec

Burn?

I got a cracker from my soldering iron the other day.

9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Pliers pinch after they slipped off a magnet I was trying to get off a bracket.

Dropped a World War's worth of f-bombs immediately after!

10. Vault-Tec

Ouch. Blood blisters I think they're called. Bloody painful.

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Ooft!

12. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Not quite sure if this should go in here as this could have been far worse but here goes.

Our 2018 Deutz Fahr tractor has given a few random faults and after I stopped it yesterday to check it, it wouldn't restart. Service engineer called and attended and all fixed apparently just need a fault code resetting. Use the tractor for an hour today (most of the time it was sat idling) to move 1 bale of Straw and 1 of hay then park it up in the hay barn next to one of the Fendts, 2 hours later just after we have had a hay delivery my Fiancee spots a small fire under the Duetz, 3 minutes, 3 fire extinguishers and a mad panic as I struggle to get the bonnet open later and the fire is out, but not before 5 foot flames are racing up the windscreen. Needless to say the tractor is now sat in the middle of a wet field minus the battery awaiting the insurance inspector and then recovery.

Damage doesn't look too bad but some of the wiring has taken a hit and the fuel filter area isn't looking too clever, on the plus side we have lost nothing else, no one was hurt so I guess we were lucky. Worse case scenario would have been a massive fire taking 3 tractors, 80 ton hay, 50 tons straw, 2000 litres diesel, 200 litres various oil, car, workshop and possibly the house plus other various pieces of farm kit. I like the layout of our farm for it's convenience but it wouldn't be allowed to be built this way now in the UK due to the fire risk and I'm not sure what I can change to reduce the risk here without spending masses of money that we don't actually have.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

But sooooooooo satisfying to burst.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Ooft!

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Yeah that qualifies. Mr Service Engineer is going to have some explaining to do.

IanW likes this.
  16. creative

creative 500rwhp

mergers...

I work in real estate over here and we have been gradually organically growing the rent roll quite nicely. Busy times but manageable.. :lol:

We were at about 800 properties and the boss went and bought another rent roll at the end of last year ($2m+ deal) and first settlement was last weekend..... we are now at nearly 2000 properties overnight. The amount of work that has gone into this is stupid! We are now the biggest in the area and it was the biggest merger in the area. Our systems have been tested and have held up fairly well with the influx of data, training staff in 2 offices and over 2 countries ( we use virtual assistants in the Philippines) has been testing the patience but I am actually quite pleased with how it all went.

Tthe core team involved is knackered! Havent had a day off in 2 weeks so I am ready for this weekend... the work phone WILL be turned off! :hehe:

17. Vault-Tec

Just took sunglasses to Specsavers and they can't make them prescription.

Fudge.

18. Vault-Tec

Hmm I smell BS.

So Specsavers said they can't do it because the screws that hold the lenses in aren't long enough for prescription lenses.

OK fine I get that, but from 5 minutes of research and basically taking the lenses out myself I can see that they're 1.2mm screws and I can order a box of 1000 from China for about 5p. In all sorts of lengths ffs.

So I've contacted a local optician and she's looking into it.

Annoying though.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

There are probably supply chain considerations. You and I can get the right length screws, but Specsavers probably can't get the right screws through their approved/vetted suppliers and would therefore open themselves up to potential legal and liability issues even if they don't do anything wrong. The fact that their approved suppliers probably buy their stock from the same Chinese factories that you or I can order from is unfortunately irrelevant.

A local optician definitely sounds like the right move for a custom job like this, rather than one of the big chains.

IanW likes this.
  20. Vault-Tec

If it comes to it I can buy gold 8.5 mm screws myself. I need to talk to the technical dept really, not the dozy Dianne Abbott looking woman who served me.