1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. creative

creative 500rwhp

floods....

yep, you read that right!

after months and months of fire we are now going through major storms and local flooding. Lakes have burst their banks, roads are impassable, and some areas have been without power for 36hours now.... this country is nuts! lol

My sister has copped it again with a mini cyclone ripping through her place and taking off the roof and then they were flooded in and unable to get across their creek bridge...

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Facebook Marketplace.

Not long ago my desk's leg's collapsed and could not be fixed, tried and tried to fix them but couldn't fix them.

I got 2 tables out of my mum and dad's caravan and have been using them for a little while now and although they work for what I need, they just don't have all the space I need.

Found a desk on Facebook marketplace and asked if it can be delivered which they say yes, going to cost X amount for delivery and would be in a weeks time which is today.

Messaged them last week asking for the measurements, was told they would get back to me, messaged yesterday to confirm delivery for today and no response so I don't know if they are delivering it today or not.

I don't understand why people ignore questions that is going to help sell something or even confirm delivery.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I was messaging a guy about buying some servers last week. Said he'd get back to me with his availability and never did. I mean... I'm not selling so I haven't lost out on anything, but it's f---ing irritating that people don't even bother to come up with a lame excuse.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yep the thing is, I need to strip the old desk's down and deal with all the wiring for 2 pc's that will be used on the desk, a modem, Pi, Router and 16 port switch as well as everything else that needs to go on or around the desk, and it needs to be done ready for me to log in to work tomorrow morning at 6:30am.

Still no contact from the seller despite more messages being sent, so started looking at others on Facebook as I don't have the money at the moment to buy new but if I have to then I will at the end of the month.

Either way a simple message of "sorry sold it already" or "sorry not coming today" wouldn't go a miss, at least I would know what the situation is instead of waiting for it, wasting a days holiday.

Arboreal likes this.
  5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Seems a pretty common occurrence these days, Gumtree's the same. I have been offered a couple of PCs, and asked for the specs to be checked; no reply despite a couple of chases once he'd said he'd been away.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I wouldn't fackin mind as it does correct some mistakes but in my head I go "woo typed that first time well spelled on this hateful prod device!" And it bloody changes it into something else.

So I have to fix the words I type like garbage and the successful ones. Or keep editing posts.

Grrr.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Literally sat in the house at the moment waiting for someone to come and collect a free toddler bed, mattress, and mattress protectors - north of a hundred smackers' worth, easy. They were coming "around 12;" still no sign nor word. Amaze.

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

We've got that too in many parts, as a result of yesterday's nationwide storm.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

We've had similar problems with Farcebook and Freecycle.

Too many people just don't give a f**k these days.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Aye - this was the view from a mate of a mate's window in Mytholmroyd yesterday:

upload_2020-2-10_13-57-13.png

...and this was another mate of a mate, kayaking in Todmorden Park. Not the river, the park.

upload_2020-2-10_13-57-46.png

Goatee likes this.
  11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

They should get that looked at. They have got some water build up going on there.

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Wow! Puts the annoyance of non arriving collectors in perspective... That is a lot of water whichever way you look at it.
    Our local water meadows / flood plain look perfect for greenfield kayaking at the moment. Also waiting for a lull in the storms to film them from my drone, now I've spotted a possible take off spot.

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not sure if the Lowther pub is still in York but I remember once having to walk across planks to get in and the river was halfway up the windows.

Probably why they kept their 'cellar' on the first floor.

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

So they can now look out the window watch the birds, and the fish...

Honestly thats impressive if the house inside is dry.

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well the double glazing fitter earned his pay installing those.

16. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

It's not the glass fitment that leaks, it's the outside frame that usually goes first.

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I don't offer anything for free these days, because it just seems to encourage time wasters. Offering stuff for a nominal fee (even a fiver) seems to work much better. Must be a psychological thing - maybe people think that if an item isn't "worth anything" then neither is the time of the person offering it?

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not ruining, but irritating...

My Lego has been sat in The Netherlands since Friday evening. It started in the Czech Republic very late on Thursday evening and then by ~1730 the next day it had made it nearly 850 kilometres into The Netherlands.... where it's been sat for three days...

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Three days? It really aught to have initiated lunar orbit insertion ignition by then!

Byron C likes this.
  20. Mr_Mistoffelees

May well be influenced by the weather.