1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Bequiet Dark power PRO, an issue with a wire

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kim, 12 Feb 2020.

1. kim

kim hardware addict

Well, I feel stupid actually, :miffed:, I needed to unpin my PSU connector (24 pins)
    The Bequiet Dark power PRO 1200w is a beast of power, and some pins have double twine.
    so, everything went fine, but during this operation, a small brown wire has been cut off from one of the pins, and I didn't notice when it happened, so I find myself with that brown wire pending without knowing on wich pin it belongs to :oldconfused:
    [​IMG]
    So, if ever one of you owns this particular PSU, and knows where this brown wire goes, I beg: save my ass :lol::wallbash::waah::duh:

2. kim

kim hardware addict

Well, :grin:, I wrote to Bequiet after sales service, a very understanding guy replied, he said he will check on the same model and I am waiting for his answer actually, so I think it will be solved soon... thanks for readers anyway

Vault-Tec, Bloody_Pete and adidan like this.
  3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

After googling around I cann't see a brown on the molex ATX spec! What did it turn out to be?

4. kim

kim hardware addict

Actually I still wonder :grin:, as the reply has not yet arrived :worried: I hope he will find out...and BTW, thanks for your interest Bloody_pete and Adidan :grin: I'll update the thread anyway

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

You could go through a pin out of the 24 pin connector and cross out all of the wires (assuming the other colours are standard) and see whats left. Wouldn't take long to do!

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@kim Reminds me I still have my cables left from my Be Quiet DPP 650w after that died.

The unit's gone but if you need any extra sata/pcie power cables the connectors are probably the same on the Be Quiet units (maybe?) if you need them.

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Never make assumptions :p

adidan likes this.
  8. adidan

I'm assuming i'm wrong.:happy:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  9. kim

kim hardware addict

Yep, thanks for the advice @Bloody_Pete ,processing by elimination is most of the time the best method, but I couldn't just wait without searching a smidge on google, I found this :
    [​IMG]
    So it might be the 3,3 v brown wire showed on this scheme, I had the feeling it broke when I was unpinnig the closest to the edge of the connector, so it could have been either orange or yellow finally, it's orange..:rollingeyes:
    Well, I am thankful to you for proposing your extra cables @adidan , your assumption could have been a brillant idea, but I've got a wide range of connectors, wire, pins, and I am actually waiting for some extra MDPCX Platinum grey sleeving and some goodies I miss, in a way to sleeve all wires to the proper lengh, so I pass, but thank you very much, I apreciate the thought.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2020
    Bloody_Pete, adidan and Vault-Tec like this.
  10. adidan

@kim no worries, thought i'd ask as your thread reminded me they are just some of the far too many things i have laying around :)

Let us know what Be Quiet say. I once contacted them for something (i can't remember what now) and do remember them being very friendly and eager to help.

kim likes this.
  11. kim

kim hardware addict

for sure I will :thumb:, but as of now, nothing yet :grin: