1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Tried For the King a while ago and really enjoyed it, ended up making a mistake on the final (I think) dungeon section and dying which put me off and I haven't gone back to it properly, might try it this weekend again if I have time.

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I think that has probably been my all time favourite console game to date, it's both extremely gorgeous and has a fantastic story... plus the gameplay is just challenging enough to test you without being infuriatingly hard.
    Unless you try to take on the Valkyries, those optional mini-bosses can be insanely difficult to beat even on the lower difficulties.
    It's a fairly deceptive game, luring you into thinking once you're level 9 or 10 and strong, that the last few bits will be relatively easy and then throwing a series of really tough fights and traps at you before you have to deal with the final boss.
    After failing my first two runs, I learnt to buy Godsbeard from every shop it was available in whenever I could... especially in the early game before it becomes more expensive. Having 6/7 of them on each character for the final sections of the game is a major help.

Byron C likes this.
  3. 3vuL

3vuL What's a Dremel?

Just finished grinding for Federation Rank and got my Corvette yesterday. Well worth it I would say if you're into combat on Elite Dangerous.

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Honestly pleased just how well GW2 runs on Ubuntu.
    [​IMG]

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

World of Tanks, although most of the time I really wonder why I'm playing it and why I keep going back to it, :D

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Given Dad of Boy a rest to try out Grand Theft Horse 2 (Red Dead Redemption 2 [which, ackchuwally, is really the third game in the series - people often forget about Red Dead Revolver]).

It's very... elaborate. I agree with the criticisms that animations are needlessly complicated. For example: do I really need to see the cards being passed around the table when I'm playing poker? I'll grant you that it creates a more immersive atmosphere, but after I've seen it 20 times already it just gets tiresome.

That said... It's definitely a very pretty game, and there certainly is a lot of game crammed into those two discs - I can see me putting a lot of hours into it. It does have some really great atmospheric moments, I quite happily sat around the campfire listening to NPCs bantering, singing, and getting drunk.

7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Monster Hunter Generations on Citra. Custom build and at 2X resolution with an Xbox 1 controller is absolute joy.

8. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Trying to play Borderlands 3 and losing too much dollar:oops:

Last edited: 18 Feb 2020
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Still playing this... Lots of game to get through...

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

X4 Foundations. Still.

Have to use that free xbox for pc pass i got with my cpu before it expires too.

Never been good at having more than one game on the go at a time though.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

For single lartplayer stuff i always been a more 'play lots of one game' rather than 'play lots od games'. Clocked over a 1000 hours on division 2 in the last year. Probably helped by being off sick for so long though :worried:

12. adidan

Aye, I think the only time I have more than one game on the go is when one is on pc and the other on PS4.

Plus, at the mo, x4 can be left to play by itself while i have other schizzle to do.

13. suenstar

I'm terrible for switching between games too much, it's probably one of the reasons why I almost never complete games... I start them, hop on and off them for a couple of months, then they go to the back of the queue for an extended period.

A little while back I started the new DBZ game, then switched to For the King for a couple of weeks and now I've switched to Hitman 2 and Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
    By the time I go back to DBZ, I will have completely forgotten how to play. :hehe:

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

@suenstar Your behaviour disturbs me. Greatly. :lol:

15. suenstar

It's probably especially infuriating when I go back to a competitive multiplayer game and everyone in my team discovers that I've not practiced and I that need to re-ask everyone how to do anything.

16. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I just got Kingdom Come Deliverance and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. My PC struggles at anything above medium settings but the game still looks good, and plays well apart from the odd random glitch. The vagueness of some of the tasks is excellent, I can do it anyway I see fit without being railroaded too much.

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  17. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Come back to PC gaming after several years' hiatus; basically a new PC so I could get into Escape From Tarkov. Loving it so far!

PUBG on Xbox has become an unplayable nightmare after the most recent patches - dynamic resolution and constant crashes were the nail in the coffin, but hey they added TDM...

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I have been looking at Escape From Tarkov. It seems very hardcore though. I think I would need to find a cheaper price for me to bite

19. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Aye I was quite surprised at the price for even the basic game, but it's been a blast. It scratches the itch that only PUBG's battle royale could, which in fairness had me addicted like the old DayZ mod used to. This feels like everything Arma 2 DayZ could've been, the level of adjustment of everything is remarkable, and the levels are beautifully complex yet realistic. Way smaller scale, but the fog of war induced by zero HUD for squad members and enemies makes it irrelevant.

It crashes/disconnects less than PUBG Xbox by a massive margin - only had one disconnect in several days which is generally acceptable, although matchmaking and lag can be finicky.

Mr Happy likes this.
  20. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

back on the division now i have sorted out the stuttering (some idiot put his swapfile on a mechanical hdd a while back and forgot about it.) new expac today/tomorrow may leave it for the launch bugs to go.