1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah I typically don't like Comp PVP but I managed to get to Fabled this season without being carried, and I know for some people that is easy but I suck at the pvp in this game big time.

Just grinded out 2 more Legendary Weapon Frames in the Forge, and managed to get a rare bounty the only issue is the first stage wants me to have a full loadout of Forge armour and weapons, and I missing now the boots and warlock bond, got everything else but I am going to have to wait for reset now before I can try for them, it's a joke that you need all of it because if you didn't have any you wouldn't be able to do the bounty.

Hex likes this.
  2. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of downloading the free version of destiny ... are there many differences between this and the expansions?

3. Diletta Graziosi

Diletta Graziosi What's a Dremel?

guys destiny 2 was free a couple month ago and i ''bought'' it, is Worth playing it? becase i see a lot of bad and goood on the internet

4. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

i am afraid it will be fine only with expansion packs (and you need to pay for that of course)...

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Given Destiny 2 New Light is free and gives you the base game plus Curse Of Osiris and Warmind DLC's, it's a good place to start if you never played Destiny 2 before or Destiny 1.

There will be things you cannot do, like the Forsaken and Shadowkeep campaign and activities, as well as weapons and armour that you cannot obtain.

I have friends who decided they wanted to try Destiny 2 and were going to buy the game but I told them once it was announced to wait till it became free and try it then, and if they liked it then they could buy the DLC.

That is what I would advise you to do, try it and see how you like it and if you find yourself wanting more to do and enjoying the game then you can buy the extra content but if you don't enjoy it etc then don't spend money on it.

Diletta Graziosi likes this.
  6. Diletta Graziosi

ah! didn't know that there were some free dlc's, in that case i must give them a shot, where can i find them? on steam?
    but i find annoying that there's all that stuff that you can have just by paying, and seems like important stuff like campaigns, not just skin or some sort of aesthetics…

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

If you install the "New Light" game, then you will need to create a character and run the into mission.

Then iirc you get put in to the tower, there is a person you can go to called "Amanda Holliday" in the tower and she will give you 2 or 3 quests, one of them is the Red War campaign which is the Destiny 2 base game campaign, then there will be the Curse Of Osiris campaign and then the Warmind campaign.

You don't need to install them seperately as all the DLC is installed as a part of the install process, but if you decide to buy the Forsaken and Shadowkeep DLC then it just unlocks with a reboot of the game.

The extra stuff that you will be missing, is basically activities, quests, guns, amour and a few other bits but I wouldn't buy them just for the sake of not missing out on something until you know if you like the game or not.

There is Discord as well, although I am not a member of the Bit-Tech one iirc but if you have Discord then you can always find other people to play with and chat to in order to get to grips with the game.

Diletta Graziosi likes this.
  8. Diletta Graziosi

thanks for the info! for sure i'll look into it and let you know :D

9. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

so you say that the basic version does not spoil the gaming experience?

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The "Basic" version is the original Destiny 2 game, the exact same version that people paid for but you get the first 2 expansions included, which again people paid for.

There is no difference in terms of gameplay between the "New Light" version and the version of the game I have which has all the DLC, the only difference is that I can play anything and everything where as someone who has not paid for Forsaken or Shadowkeep cannot.

So take for instance the "Last Wish" raid, I can do that but someone who only has "New Light" cannot because in order to do that, they would need to pay for the Forsaken DLC.

The "New Light" game was made free to bring more people to the game.

It allows you to try the game and see if you like it or not, and to determine if it's something you want to spend money on or not.

My brother in law thought the game wouldn't be something he would like, he waited till it was free and tried it and loved it so he bought the DLC, a couple of our friends did the same but didn't like it and they didn't buy anything for it.

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So what do people think of the new season?

I have started calling it "Season Of The Bounties" and "Season Of Crap Performance".

It's a typical Bungie launch again, game is broken and they don't seem to be acknowledging it along with the more rampant infestation of cheaters in the Crucible testing the cheats for Trials.

12. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Enjoying it so far, I didn't like Seraph Towers until people worked out what to do and they become completable. Everything going up in power has screwed me a bit as I finally see the Fallen Council on the Moon, but now I'm far too low power to solo them. So that'll have to wait a few months. AGAIN. I also feel a little locked out of some activities as I'm only about 967 and things are now expecting me to be 1000 and I just get one-shot out of the gate. Hopefully, I can use comp PvP to drag my Power up a bit because being locked out is why I didn't do any Black Armory content until a few months ago.

I noticed some bad performance on my PC, but the executable seems to have changed my settings back. So resetting "Disable full-screen optimizations" on it again and turning frame limiter off and on again fixed those for me and it's running well again. I also went through their new port-forwarding advice as they've changed the UDP ports used. They use Steam sockets now, which means your IP isn't shown to everyone in matches so that will definitely help with Trials. They also have an increased team working on reported players, a new system for reporting players, you can now appeal bans which assumedly is because they will ban more people and err on the side of caution. There's also the shutting down of paid carry services for Trials. Which will definitely help as some of these dodgy services guarantee wins because they used cheats/DDoSd the other teams. Sucks for some people doing sub carries, but it is what it is.

If you pay any attention to Bungie at all you will see they are absolutely acknowledging all of this and have done a LOT to help prepare against cheaters (I don't know why you feel there's more now, my experience is there are definitely fewer as of the start of this season).

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Comp PVP is 100% the way to go for power level grinding.

I went from 962 to a base power level of 970 after 5 games.

The performance thing I will need to check if they have changed any of the settings because I have noticed some quite apparent FPS drops.

Unfortunately Bungie blocked me on Twitter for calling them out on poor servers, yeah I was abit rude about it but the problems that occur with every release has been the same since the very first DLC for Destiny 1 and they have done nothing to improve it, same with the servers for PVP they don't use servers it's one person hosting the whole game iirc and it is a joke especially in Competitive and the matchmaking is a joke, I keep getting matched with people from Austrailia, Japan and other countries around there.

I had a stream open of someone who lives in Australia and I got matched against them 4 games on the run, I never seem to get matched with anyone in the UK or EU, I even asked Bungie about it on a support ticket and they didn't respond.

Hopefully Destiny 3 brings nothing but Dedicated servers and not use player hosted lobbies.

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well with this Iron Bannor and the increased Valor Rank I am close to the Redrix, got 3 more reset's to do and 1 of them is almost ready.

Added Jotunn and Le Monarque to my collection, and close to the Izanagi's I just need to complete the Shattered Throne to get it, and finally just to add I got the 4th Horseman as well.

15. Hex

I completed Redrix last night. Was a surprise as I didn't realise I was so close to it!

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

On my final reset now for it, on I think it's Mythic 2 or Mythic 3 so will get it today at some point.

Then I need to start looking at running, through stuff for Pinnacle gear.

17. Hex

If you didn't jump on Zavala's bookcase to listen to Shaxx's Motivational Mixt-tape, it's here!

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well thank's to Bungie lifting the limit on rewards from raids I now have every exotic Armour Piece and Weapon currently available in game.

Still have emotes, Ghost's, Ornaments, Catalyst's etc that I need to obtain but I am not worried about those, I just wanted to make sure that I had all the weapons etc which I now do.

So next season when they introduce new exotics, I will be able to use the exotic engrams of this seasons, season pass to get the new exotics on Day 1 of the new season.

Been working on the Moments Of Triumph thing all weekend and got nearly all of them done, just need to get 4 more Trials wins, the exotic "Travelers Chosen" sidearm and then the 3 secret ones that are remaining and then I will have completed all of them.

19. oscy

oscy Modder

Wow it seems like it's over 2 years since I played this. I got the Shadowkeep DLC so I'm back, and I remember nothing.

20. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Well the big shift was that they stripped like 2/3s of the game's entire content base, including pretty much everything that was free to play. So now if you're F2P you have a rudimentary amount of single player gameplay and like one dungeon, and that's it.

I was halfway through Warmind campaign stuff when it patched. All my gameplay is gone. Everyone's like "who cares, the game is free, it doesn't owe you anything" but the thing is, I bought Destiny 2 before it became F2P. And now I can't play the stuff I bought. And most of the gear is in some new deprecation mode called 'sunsetting' where it apparently ceases to be relevant after a certain level/amount of time, don't understand the details but that sounds like shite too.

If it had been F2P from day 1 I wouldn't mind, but I did actually buy this game and I wasn't done with it. Now, forcibly, I am.

Oh and buying a more recent DLC doesn't grant you access to the DLCs that came before it, you have to buy all of them individually. ****'s sake, Bungie. You're properly off the rails when you reclaim an MMO from Blizzard and manage to make it more exploitative and greedy.