1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try custom water cooling they said

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Digiwise, 27 Jan 2020.

1. Digiwise

Digiwise What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

So I'm completely new to the forum and custom liquid cooling :rock:, I've always wanted to have a go and my latest upgrades were too good to miss the custom loop touch. However, after pretty much going through and destroying 6 meters of PETG during learning, I seem to have failed at the learning part.

This is how all my bends, practice and actual runs look, some better than others but still the same:

[​IMG]

At first I thought it was the silicon insert being too small for the 10mm ID, turns out it was, measuring 9.25mm, so I order another insert which turned out to be the same, a third insert later and as can be seen in the picture above the deformation is less severe but still happens.

Where am I going wrong? Please help? I've watched quite a few video's on youtube and read a few articles but I just don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. :duh::wallbash::wallbash::duh:

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Are you doing it by hand or using a jig?

3. Digiwise

Hi Pete, I've tried by hand and with a mandrel, what seems to happen with the mandrel is it creates harsh edges. on the sides.

By hand is proving the best way so far I have done another few practices, this time trying the middle heat setting and reduced fan pressure from my heat gun, the results were so much better... however, these were only practice pieces and when I tried to recreate an actual system run, well I got into the same situation of a slightly deformed bend, it has a lovely radius but just a little wide on the sides.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I haven't done hardline tubing for ages, but I remember if you do it at too high a temperature the water in the lube to get the silicone filler inside boils and then the steam inflates the tube!

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It boils?

WTF are they cooling, a hex core Prescott? :lol:

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Not in use! When you heat it with a heat gun to bent it!

7. Jangalit

Jangalit What's a Dremel?

Did you solve your problem?

8. Digiwise

Yes I changed tubing and tried a different manufacturer, no issues from the first bend until the last.

9. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

I like the look of hardliners but I'm old school and will be running soft tubing plus I have no patience.
    Good luck.

10. danielleil

danielleil Can't stop spending...

What was the the manufacturer to avoid?