1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Anyone here got experience with fridges or freezers?

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 9 Mar 2020.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've got a prometeia Mk2 gt but unfortunately someone has cracked a pipe somewhere in it and the refrigerant has come out. Anyone on here near or in the Herts area and think they would be able to fix it?

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

From my limited experience with portable AirCons you'll be lucky to find anyone in the AirCon maintenance business who'd be prepared to come out and repair and re-gas a small domestic portable aircon. At least that's the case in the Southend Area.

Edit: I also vaguely recall being told that some older aircons use a gas (R22?) that is now illegal to use.

3. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

Guessing you mean the Mach 2? Looks like it uses R404a. "However, the main development with the Mach II GT has been to replace the R134a refrigerant typically used to charge the compressor, with R404a." http://pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1793

You may find a local shop that will repair it for you, you may be better looking for an appliance repair who looks after fridges?

liratheal likes this.
  4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If I were looking for a repair on a prometeia I'd be looking at refrigerator types more so than AC.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yep the mach 2.good point. Quickly made the thread. Not sure why I wrote air con.
    Good point. Not sure why I wrote that. Changed the title

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

'cause AC is cool and Prometeia's are cool.

MLyons likes this.