1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The 'I regret doing that' thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 8 Mar 2020.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

There's always tomorrow, and if there isn't then oh well. All we can do is dust ourselves down and start again.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I regret not swapping courses when i had the opportunity, gotta love that 20-20 hindsight...

No guarantees i'd have been better off long-term... but i might've avoided the worst of the ****.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I regret ever going to University in the first place. All it landed me with was 2.5yrs worth of failed/abandoned education that I literally never use, and a debt that took me 17 years to pay off. A degree wasn't an entry requirement for literally any technical job I've ever had, and I'm doing much better than I ever expected.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

The thing is if there are things you think you should/couldvregret how do you know you would be where you are if you'd made different choices?

Regrets are funny things, are there things ideally I wouldn't have done? Possibly.

Would I be where I am with who i'm with now if i'd made different choices? No.

Yeah, so I regret nothing.

Vault-Tec and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I once put on a hoodie when I was naked and caught myself in the zip. No amount of Que Sera Sera will convince me that is anything but a regret.

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah but it may have stopped you from accidentally slicing your bits off in another situation if you hadn't subconsciously learned to avoid it in the first place.

So, it actually may have helped you in the long run.

And another thing, I have BS for every situation.

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

There are many things I could regret and have done but, I've had 18 years with a lovely woman I would never have known had things been different. I firmly believe I wouldn't still be here were it not for her.

The_Crapman and adidan like this.
  8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I see your point, but there are some things that I personally think could've been done differently.

For example, another regret of mine is having spent a disproportionately large amount of time playing games. Not so much things like GTA V or Mass Effect, but games I wasn't really enjoying but made a point to complete anyway (Space Siege comes to mind here). I wish I'd done other things, like got into skiing instead (although I've started that now!).

I also regret spending such a large amount of money on upgrading my PC over the last few years and wish I'd been a bit more moderate.

Returning to @adidan 's point though, on the other hand, things have all worked out now. I just wish I was a bit younger :grin:

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

In terms of life choices, nah, I don't regret anything. It's all lead me down this weird-ass path so far.

Mostly just online postings. The kinds of things that get arguments started for no good reason 'cause I made a flippant comment on something. Seems to be one of my major flaws.

10. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

<div id="bitterness">I regret working for an unappreciative boss and wasting 5 years of my life. </div>

11. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Even though I have a few major regrets each seems to have gotten to were I am now which I am happy with. I used to dream about going back in time and making major changes in my life (Quantum Leap style) but I wouldn't do that now, not unless there was some way to preview the outcome first :grin:

12. kim

kim hardware addict

I have tons of regrets if I pay a glance back in my past, and if I had to list them it would be improper and uncalled for a tech forum, furthermore, I try to focus on my present day and my near future, as past is past and regrets never helps you to go further, but to stay in the computer's stuff as it is the main topic here, some years ago I missed an incredible opportunity, when Nils from MDPCX was overwhelmed by work and he was looking for partners to keep his sleeving business, I was only discovering modding at this time, and I ordered some items from his shop, and wrote him to tell him I was so impressed and touched by his way to offer a very personal touch to every of his customers package, he wrote me back, and thank me, and believe me or not, he proposed me to be a part of it, and I declined, for reasons I'll not mention here, but this is something I always regreted :waah:

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I don't really have any big regrets, the one thing that sticks in my mind though is when I was 19 I as offered a job in another country and turned it down because of being young and dumb.